CPU > NUM_CPUS This panic is driving me up the wall

treleung

4 posts in this topic

Okay, so I tried this project about a year ago when I had some freetime with a p4, I've been busy since then but now I'd like to pick it up again. I had OSX running great back then, but I've had nothing but headaches with this new project. I've moved to a AMD 4000+ 64x2 so obviously it's not going to be AS easy of a process but I should be able to atleast get passed phase one.

Machine:

AMD 4000+ 64x2

MSI K9AGM2

2 GB Kingston

500 GB WD SATA HD

I have used tried two disks (didn't really want to delve into Leopard just yet)

Mac OSx86 10.4.9 (Uphuck v1.4a) The Uphuck version built for AMD's. I boot into the disk and it gets to a screen at which it tells me that I need to Restart my Computer. I've tried a few different things but never got this disk to work (If you have any ideas for getting around this that would be awesome as well!) EDIT: After reading the kernal, this disk had the same problem but skipped over that error somehow. Or possibly that screen came up because of that error. But according to the kernal I'm getting the same error. But the disk only came in at 1.3 GB and I heard some "things" so I decided to go with the JAS disk.

CURRENT DISK

JaS AMD-Intel-SSE2-SSE3 with PPF1 & PPF2

I keep getting this CPU > num_cpus panic. I've done the whole "-x cpus = 2" as instructed by other posts on other websites. This seems to get me further than before but then I get the same error again. Its like it took that number of cpu's for a while, and then checked again and it was back at the default setting or something.

Please help me get this to work I don't want to just throw Vista back on there.

Thanks bros

Trevor

This is probably not what you want to hear, but I gotta tell you that the tubgirl AMD versions have always worked better for me than JaS, so maybe you should give that a try. The latest version I know of is 10.4.10 which is pretty decent.

Cheers,

hecker

Yeah, I'm downloading tubgirl as we speak. But I am fully expecting it not to work. I'm not sure if it's against the rules, but the torrent I have only has about 2 trackers on it, do you know of a good source of the torrent so I can load the trackers and get the last 20% or whatever is left done? If it's against the rules thats fine but the DL is going on two days now. I just started my Vista download aswell, so I can quit using my roommates computer if TUBgirls release doesn't work.

Thanks

//TL

This is probably not what you want to hear, but I gotta tell you that the tubgirl AMD versions have always worked better for me than JaS, so maybe you should give that a try. The latest version I know of is 10.4.10 which is pretty decent.

Cheers,

hecker

Have to totally agree :P