PCI Support with Intel DG965WH

tweak41

10 posts in this topic

Since no one is going to address my other post maybe I'll have more luck with this...

I've successfully installed Kalyway's distro of Leopard on my hack but cannot get wireless to work with what is supposed to be a supported card (Dynex wireless G card - DX-WGDTC). I'm starting to think it's because my PCI slots aren't being recognized within the OS because (unsurprisingly) the system profiler does not list any PCI devices installed and I have two (the wireless card and a Promise IDE Ultra133 TX2 controller card - which i don't expect to work and that's fine). Having browsed all the posts regarding the DG965WH on this forum I haven't been able to find any sort of definite answer about the PCI situation. The best thing I've found is that the closest one to the PCI-e slot works most of the time. So can any DG965WH users out there confirm the PCI situation/offer any help to get them working? I'd plug in my wireless card into that closest slot if I wasn't using a mammoth 8800 GTS card that takes up two slots :-/

Thanks a bunch,

tweak

i have the same chipset on my Dell and have two PCI cards installed and both work, a NIC and Firewire, I think your problem lies elsewhere!

A month ago i even had a PCI graphics card in the system in order to rewrite the PCIe graphics card^s eeprom!

SticMAN

SticMAN -- any suggestions as to where to look? What BIOS version are you using? What build of OS X are you running? Any other information you can give me about your system that may help me narrow down the problem?

I've also tried reinstalling OS X twice, iATKOS and Kalyway...same results. :-/

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

if you talk about intel dg965wh mobo, my problems gone with downgrade bios to a 1709 version, search on intel website: dg965wh past bios download page

this let me install leopard retail (updated to 10.5.5) with munky "efi boot method"...sound kext available for this mobo (search "STAC9271D" on drivers forum, the last version is v.7)

and network too! search on the same forum, on network drivers "Intel82566MM", read the forum for changes needed in plist and voila!

hope this info help anyone :D

I have iDeneb 1.3 (10.5.5) working on my DG965WH with ATI 2600HD, built-in Ethernet, built-in sound and Logitech Webcam working. The Webcam kext is at maccam.com, the Ethernet kext is the Intel82566MM.kext found at http://techresearchinfo.blogspot.com/

The sound, graphics and chipset kexts are inluded in the iDeneb ISO so you just have to select them from the customization screen.

DVDs are recognized when I insert a DVD but when I try to play them, I get an error.