Near Successful 10.5 Install Please help with 10.4

Macisgr3at

6 posts in this topic

Well 10.5 Kalaway would not go past the setup phase of the process, I started setting up my keyboard, country settings and it freezes at the “Already have a mac?” Section…

So I was told to install 10.4 then install 10.5 over that volume so 10.5 would have some info to boot off of… I was told to obtain “Mac OS X 10.4.8 [JaS AMD-Intel-SSE2-SSE3 with PPF1 & PPF2]” which I did and now have… But this is what I get when I open the folder with win rar…

untitled-5.jpg

Can someone help direct me from here?

I really need to get this machine up and running for school tomorrow!

Here is my link to my unsuccessful 10.5 thread...

My Other Thread

Thanks for all the help!

Win rar likes to take ownership of .iso files. Close win rar and open up your burning application. Pop a dvd in the drive and choose burn image or something similar. Choose the .iso and let it burn. Then boot from that dvd you have just burned.

10.5 gets confused at this point if it can't find a network interface, what lan card are you using?
Wow, your the second person that says this to me! I am using an integrated lan unit (Will post more details in a sec)... How can i [A n00b] overcome this issue? Thank you very much! :unsure:

Update: My integrated card is an Intel 82566DC Gigabit Platform LAN ConnectNote i dont have wireless on this machine