Stop Symbol, Apple Logo on boot

jarobata

6 posts in this topic

I'm getting the stop symbol (circle with diagonal line through it) on the grey apple logo cd when I try to boot from my leo dvd. Any ideas? I had the same problem when I tried to do the setup using vmware. I have a Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L, hitachi deskstar hard drive, Intel E2180 cpu, 2x2GB corsair memory, eVGA 7600gt vid card, Antec Smartpower 500Watt psu. I used the same disk drive, power supply, vid card, and hard drive on a tiger install. The mobo, memory, and cpu are new. When I boot with -v I get

Failed to count the number of files in /System/Library/StartupItems " no such file or directory(Shows up twice)

Cannot apply named profile mDNSREsponder

Couldn't read user-specified local host name using default bMacintosh 00000000000b instead

Couldn't read user-specified local host name using default bMacintosh 00000000000Localb instead

getHelperPort:cannot contact helper (twice)

mDNSKeychainGetSecrets: Mach communication failed: (ipc/send) invalid destination port

mDNSKeychainGetSecrets failed error 2301 CFArrayREf 0000000

getHelperPort (twice more)

mDNSKeychainGetSecrets: Mach communication failed: (ipc/send) invalid destination port

getHelperPort (twice more)

SAM read write failed

HAH and this time after typing out all the errors it booted, why would this happen?

• 11 months later...
I got the same errors but as I was searching and reading this topic it booted into a GUI!

Fingers crossed it will continue working and install :(

I'm right where you are, but I get the spinning pinwheel right after that and it never seems to come back. Did yours boot?

abit-P35-PRO

asus sata dvd

nvidia 8800 gt

intel core 2 quad

• 4 months later...