I'm not getting any MBR of GUID options when formatting partition

crikfromcincy

5 posts in this topic

So I'm following all the info I can find on here, but I've noticed a lot of people talking about the MBR and GUID options when formatting, I don't have these. I have the 5 options for format (case sensitive, journaled, ect), and I'm selecting "Mac OS Extended (journaled)" as I've read I should, but I have not "MBR" listed at bottom of screen.... I've installed and got b0 error, did the fdisk instructions, then I got an hfs+ partition error. I appreciate any insight anyone can give me. Thanks in advance.

So I'm following all the info I can find on here, but I've noticed a lot of people talking about the MBR and GUID options when formatting, I don't have these. I have the 5 options for format (case sensitive, journaled, ect), and I'm selecting "Mac OS Extended (journaled)" as I've read I should, but I have not "MBR" listed at bottom of screen.... I've installed and got b0 error, did the fdisk instructions, then I got an hfs+ partition error. I appreciate any insight anyone can give me. Thanks in advance.

Click on the 'options' button on the bottom left of the partition window. Within the window that opens will be 3 choices you can check. MBR and GUID will be among them.

You need to click on the drive that you want to install OSX on and not the partition within that drive. Oh wait.... you want to use a drive that has other OS's on it and install OSX on a partition. That's a little trickier. Things could be much easier for you if you had a dedicated drive just for OSX. If you have the iAtkos 1.0r1 disc you might be able to install the EFI v8 and then in turn the darwin bootloader would be installed and then from there you should be able to finish the install and boot up OSX. I've never done that, so I don't know if it will work. I have manually installed EFI v8 and then iAtkos 1.0r1 with success.

Chevy

You need to click on the drive that you want to install OSX on and not the partition within that drive. Oh wait.... you want to use a drive that has other OS's on it and install OSX on a partition. That's a little trickier. Things could be much easier for you if you had a dedicated drive just for OSX. If you have the iAtkos 1.0r1 disc you might be able to install the EFI v8 and then in turn the darwin bootloader would be installed and then from there you should be able to finish the install and boot up OSX. I've never done that, so I don't know if it will work. I have manually installed EFI v8 and then iAtkos 1.0r1 with success.

Chevy

Yes, I'm trying to install OSX on the same disk as vista and xp.... I set a 21gb or so partition aside for leopard, and set up easyBCD for triple boot. So I have to get iAtkos 1.0r1, and install the EFI v8, then install kalyway leopard? I've never installed a copy of osx86 before, and I'm trying to do as much research as possible, but there's so much info to root through, I can't find anything that relates to exactly what I'm trying to do here. I appreciate everyone's help. I'll get the iAtkos now.... we'll see what happens from there.