Kalyway - RESET WHILE BOOTING

M16mKies

10 posts in this topic

Hi...

What a mess, I spent 2 days trying to get this god damn Kalyway Leopard working. I did everything right, and I'm so damn sure about this, but when system restarts after installation, and when the OS X should be loaded, the computer just resets! Just so, no error, no warning, completely NOTHING.

I tried hundred times, on every type of partition. My specs are fine, but I'll type them, so you can be sure:

Core 2 Duo E6300

Asus P5VN-something (but it appears on compatibility list)

1,5GB RAM 533MHz

250GB SATA HDD (Samsung)

SB Audigy

Linksys PCI Wi-Fi

Guys, I BEG YOU help me with this, I'm really loosing my mind here..!

Same thing was happening with me, I wasn't using the disk utility properly and telling it to create an MBR partition. Are you formatting in the disk utility and making sure it's as an MBR partition?

I don't mean ticking MBR in the customize bit either, I'm talking about before pressing customize and formatting and partitioning with MBR using the disk utility. Are you sure you're doing that? I installed 4 times before realizing I was being a tit. Not that you are :D.

Another common cause, so I believe, of resets with the vanilla kernel is not having the NX (No eXecute) bit enabled in BIOS.

Anyway, what I did to install, just to play it safe, was to not choose *any* video or sound drivers on the install, choosing to add them once I was working in Leo.