How Do You Uninstall the ALC883 (DS3) driver?

alvin777

7 posts in this topic

Hi. I installed the ALC833 in Kalyway's installer and it works but it's only in stereo. How do you uninstall it?

I'd like to install the ALC833 driver in iAtkos to try to install the sound with 6 ports. I will be trying my 5.1 speaker setup. But should iAtkos's ALC833 driver not work too with 5.1, how do I uninstall it as well?

(Also, is there a link to installing 5.1 for this Realtek ALC833 sound chip?) Thanks in advance. Gbu.

Here is how to uninstall as far as I know:

1) Delete ALCinject.kext from the Extensions folder

2) Delete AppleHDA.kext from the Extensions folder

3) Restore the ORIGINAL AppleHDA.kext from the iATKOS or Kalyway disc

4) Repair permissions

5) Reboot

where do you find the Extensions folder? Also where can I find the device manager but in Mac's way? So I can install driver for each component like sound, moterboard, video............

Sorry, I'm a newbie for Mac

Extensions folder: /osx_installation_drive/System/Library/Extensions/

You can check the System Profiler. Applications->Utilities. But it won't be like Windows.

• 7 months later...

Hi guys. I've got the new iDeneb 10.5 Finaly I've got Battery meter, but lost the sound- After some reading I found that the needed drivers have to be in the distro - Realtek ALC883... so- why don't have sound? There is no Wireless also, but thas's another problem. Can U help me to solve the issue with the sound?