Install Problem: Screen only has vertical blue and grey lines.

wozzinator

6 posts in this topic

I'm wondering how many people have successfully installed this on a laptop. I've got a Sony VGN-FZ290 which is just the Intel GM965 chipset (SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3 enabled) and whenever I try to install Mac OSX using the iATKOSi image the Apple logo will pop up and the spinning circle thing underneath will do its thing. After this it looks like it doesn't recognize my monitor because half the screen is teal vertical lines and the other half is gray lines. I read around and some people said that you need to plug the laptop into a screen or use a dongle and I was wondering if anybody else had any input on what's going on with the strange half blue-half gray screen and whether I can do it without a dongle or an external monitor. Also something else I noticed which leads me to believe that the install dvd cannot recognize my monitor is that the blue lines (aqua/teal) are on the left and the grey ones are on the right but the screen does not stay static like that. The blues seem to be getting darker and moving around. Now i've used Macs before and the colors look like the login screen (i.e. the blue of the background and the grey of the login window). I've tried to put in as much information into this post as well as done some research on this error and i'm not even able to identify whats going on with the screen in words so it makes it hard to figure out exactly what keywords to use. Any help would be appreciated. :)

EDIT: I was able to upload a picture of my screen (albeit crude since its taken on a cellphone)

post-177357-1201239097_thumb.jpg

Ok, so I was trying different boot commands with the install and when I tried

-x -v rd=disk0s1 "graphics mode"="1024x768x32@60"

All I got at the end was the stall in the attached .jpg

I then tried it with just

-x -v "graphics mode"="1024x768x32@60"

since I though it might have something to do with trying to rd the wrong partition, but it just went back to the screen with blue and gray vertical lines.

post-177357-1201242309_thumb.jpg

Ok, so i scrapped using iATKOS all together so I tried Jas' 10.4.8 SSE2 SSE3 install DVD and it worked fine except now OSX doesn't have drivers installed for my laptops intel wired network card or my 4965agn wireless card. Also I messed up my boot config so I can't load WinXP, but that wouldn't bother me if I could get internet working on the Mac OSX. Any suggestions?

hey, yea i have almost the same laptop

model number a bit different...

but i get the same lies with uphuck...

and i can't get kalyway leopard to work either...

what about you?

I got the 10.4.8 JaS cd to work perfectly except for my lan driver, but i found a fix for it in this thread:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...+yukon+ethernet

Also I don't know how but my webcam works when its installing like when it asks to take a picture or something but then in the environment it won't work. you having the same problem?

• 2 weeks later...