I'm posting this from Leopard 10.5.1 with a P5K Deluxe WIFI-AP and Wifi works!

kickz28

8 posts in this topic

Hi,I've been struggling with this for a while. Here is my hardware:Asus P5K Deluxe WiFi-APIntel Q6600ATI X1950 ProI'm using the Kalyway Leopard 10.5.1 DVD and using vanilla kernel and my install is now 99.9% perfect. The only thing I haven't gotten to work yet is my M-audio Audiophile 192 (this won't be easy... maybe even impossible). Other than that everything works perfect.I had a lot of trouble getting WiFi to work (very important because my router is not in this room). It would always disconnect after 2 seconds or so. Now it works. I installed the 1,5,0 drivers and for some reason it didn't work, so I reinstalled 1,4,7 and now it works... Maybe 1,5,0 left some files when I uninstalled? Who knows...Let me know if you want more details to what I did exactly... but I can't say for sure what exactly made it work.Anyway I was able to install CS3 Web Premium suite without anyway kext modifications or nothing and everything worked fine. Also iLife08 worked fine also. I'm really happy about this.So 10,5,2 comes out tomorrow maybe? Sweet!I just installed a security update using software update... so I need to reboot now... hopefully my wifi will still work! I'll let you know in 5 minutes.JoeyDamn it!! It doesn't work anymore!!It was working so well...I can't wait for a proper fix of the RTL8187 driver!

Hey, what bios setting did you use for your IDE? Did you use reg IDE or did you use AHCI? Was there any other settings that you had to do in order for it to boot? I have 10.5.1 installed and working on the P5k deluxe currently, however I can't get Kalyway to work with the same set up. Any ideas? Thank you

Hey, what bios setting did you use for your IDE? Did you use reg IDE or did you use AHCI? Was there any other settings that you had to do in order for it to boot? I have 10.5.1 installed and working on the P5k deluxe currently, however I can't get Kalyway to work with the same set up. Any ideas? Thank you

Both work, but with AHCI the drive icons are orange (I think its because in AHCI mode the drives are hot-swappable).

What error are you getting? And when?

BTW, I can't get the WiFi to work anymore... I don't know what I did yesterday, but it worked twice... weird. Also, I don't know why my first post didn't have new lines. Everything on the same line...

I'm in the same boat as Chuck... it won't recognize any of my drives (specifically, it can't find the "root device") during the boot sequence no matter what my SATA and Jmicron controllers are configured as.

I'm using the Kalyway 10.5.1 DVD with a P5K motherboard (not the deluxe), a SATA DVD drive and a 20gb IDE hard drive.

Any ideas?

What options did you select at the customize step in the installation? I tried the Kalway DVD for my setup, but the install didn't finish ok, it gave an error right at the end. Ended up using iAtkos, but that gives my issues too, can't install any kext's it seems.

thanks radx... i tried going through all the settings on that link, but no luck, it still stops with the "still waiting on root device" message during the booting sequence.

The only way I can get a somewhat successful boot is if I set the SATA controller to Compatible. With that setting and the JMicron controller set to IDE, the installer boots but no drives show up at installation other than the SATA DVD drive. If the JMicron controller is set to AHCI, I get a kernel panic.

kickz28 - what bios version are you using? I updated mine a while ago, so maybe thats why I'm getting different results here?

wow... well it seems I had a bad copy of the kalyway DVD, it was missing a lot of kexts... anyway I got myself another copy and it works perfectly!

Chuck, if your still having problems you might have the bad DVD too... try finding another one, make sure you get one thats 3.45gb (before extracting)

kickz28, Do you have your other onboard ethernet devices disabled in bios. I have been fighting this realtek wifi for a while now and cant get it.... let me know if you get it back....to anyone else who uses the kalyay 10.5.1 install dvd, with p5k deluxe, just set the bios defaults, then change to ahci mode. i used all sata drives on red ports ,nothing on jmicron. after install you can change back to IDE mode if you wish.