Adobe: "Universal? What's That?"

Swad

80 posts in this topic

Once you use GIMP (which is free) you'll never go back to photoshop!

Gimp = Gnu Image Manipulation Something that starts with a P.

Install X code first if you don't already have it, then go to gimp.org or something like that and DON'T click on downloads (that link just has source), instead scrolldown to the three selections Widows, Mac, & Unix, thats where the already to go apps are.

For html someone needs to port notetab to mac, it has everything you need and not any more.

...and since it is small i think that would be easy to do but don't know for sure.

HAHAHA no-one could defend that interface.Gimpshop is worse.Are you a graphics professional?
Unlike photoshop it is intuitive and easy to use, you don't need to read a giant textbook to use it.

;)

For html someone needs to port notetab to mac, it has everything you need and not any more.

For html you need (believe it or not)...AppleWorks! As ridiculous as it might sound, it has that "export as HTML" option and it came free with the older consumer Macs (like the iMac G3 and G4). Plus, it has a lot of other modules, including the easiest database module I've ever used.

and btw, GraphicConverter is already a universal app and can handle 95% of the things Photoshop can. It's a lot cheaper too. Plus a goodly number of graphics professionals and page layout designers are still using G4 towers that boot in OS 9 (sounds silly, but it's true). If Adobe released a UB app, it automatically kills off 9 support. So it becomes a question of how to get the remaining stragglers onto OS X while not pissing them off by spending $125 in addition to the upgrade cost for Adobe.

I'm sure Adobe's priority is Vista, then Mac Intel.

A new version of their software for Vista wouldn't require any substantial update from XP, and Vista won't be out till near the end of the year. Mac Intel WILL require a good bit of work, and is already here. Adobe clearly dropped the ball.

I see developers saying that "Apple said they weren't shipping machines till June". Actually, Apple said nothing of the kind. Steve Jobs said "by this time next year we will have machines in the marketplace". That means that they would be ready BEFORE June.