SATA Support for Intel ICH9 (Help!)

5 posts in this topic

I have a P5K motherboard which has 4 SATA channels controlled by the intel chip ICH9.

When I tried to install the 10.5 DVD, it does not recognise my SATA drives.

I read that some people are having problems with the ICH7 and that there is a kernel extension to make it work.

How can I make the DVD install and the installed system to recognise the ICH9 SATA drives?

Which DVD are you using?

Kalyway supports ICH9.

My own built DVD using the scripts provided by :

http://forum.osx86scene.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2008

I think the problem is that those scripts don't have the kext necessary for ICH9.

I have been able to install it in compatibility (IDE) mode (changing parameter in BIOS),

but it is not possible to boot from the disk, I need the DVD to boot the system.

I have, of course, applied the post-installation scripts.

Neither, compatibe mode (IDE) nor enhanced mode (SATA), can boot the system without the DVD.

On ICH9 Chipsets, the last 2 ports (2 and 3) do not work yet in Leopard ONLY if AHCI is enabled. Otherwise you should be fine.. i cant see more than 2 drives with ahci enabled.. but i can see all 4 now. Also i heard enabling Sata mode to native rather than legacy, helps.

On ICH9 Chipsets, the last 2 ports (2 and 3) do not work yet in Leopard ONLY if AHCI is enabled. Otherwise you should be fine.. i cant see more than 2 drives with ahci enabled.. but i can see all 4 now. Also i heard enabling Sata mode to native rather than legacy, helps.

I have the same motherboard as you .. DS3L (I haven't started building it yet). Is it true? When AHCI is enabled, only 2 SATA ports are showing? You said that "you can see all 4 now" ... How did you do this? IDE mode, instead of AHCI?

Please shed some light on this matter. By the way, since the OP has the same SouthBridge chip, he could also use this info.

THanks again.