SATA Support for Intel ICH9 (Help!)

ksiciako

5 posts in this topic

I have a P5K motherboard which has 4 SATA channels controlled by the intel chip ICH9.

When I tried to install the 10.5 DVD, it does not recognise my SATA drives.

I read that some people are having problems with the ICH7 and that there is a kernel extension to make it work.

How can I make the DVD install and the installed system to recognise the ICH9 SATA drives?

I have Asus P5K too. All working but just 2 sata port are recognize. I used iatkos dvd. I connect sata dvdrom to sata1 or sata2 first and then proceed to installation. Once installed, I remove the dvdrom from sata1 or 2 and then connect to 1 jmicron port (sata port at the pcie area) so I can connect 2 sata hard disk.

p5k-e wifi/ap

retail leopard-10.5.0 works great! with ich9 recognized as GENERIC AHCI 1.20 with retail kexts, even the jmicron-esata ports are working great without patches..."do not use the IDE, it crashes the system" also recognized as GENERiC AHCI 1.20 "hot swap also working" the harddisk icons are ORANGE"external"

You people did set your SATA mode to enhanced/AHCI ?

p5k-e wifi/ap

retail leopard-10.5.0 works great! with ich9 recognized as GENERIC AHCI 1.20 with retail kexts, even the jmicron-esata ports are working great without patches..."do not use the IDE, it crashes the system" also recognized as GENERiC AHCI 1.20 "hot swap also working" the harddisk icons are ORANGE"external"

You people did set your SATA mode to enhanced/AHCI ?

Yes, the system freezes in installation with a message " still waiting for root device" (booting with options : -v -x -f).