Installation problems with Leopard 10.5.1 kalyway

ronocker

4 posts in this topic

Hello,

I tried to install the Mac OS X 10.5.1 (Kalyway DVD) 5 times now, but I don't get this working.

When the installation is done, there is only a blinking hyphen (I hope that this is the right translation) instead of booting Mac.

I tried it with GUID (at diskutility) & GUID at the custom installation... and the same with MBR.

I also tried to set the EFI partition with fdisk active, but nothing has changend.

hopefully, you have an idea.

My System:

Dell Inspiron 6400

Intel Core Duo 1,86GHz

1GB Ram

Intel Graphics Accelator

Thx,

Ronocker

It is called ´the blinking cursor issue´. See the bottom of this: http://osx86help.we.bs/index.html. Not that I have it working though... Having the same issue here... As I perceive it, it is due to the not correctly installed master boot record, boot flag or boot loader. As I said, not able to fix it.

One way to see of the installation is correct, keep the install DVD in, boot from it, but when it asks you to boot from it, leave it counting down, it will boot from you installed hard drive partition (working here).

It is called ´the blinking cursor issue´. See the bottom of this: http://osx86help.we.bs/index.html. Not that I have it working though... Having the same issue here... As I perceive it, it is due to the not correctly installed master boot record, boot flag or boot loader. As I said, not able to fix it.

One way to see of the installation is correct, keep the install DVD in, boot from it, but when it asks you to boot from it, leave it counting down, it will boot from you installed hard drive partition (working here).

At this FAQ, I don't now, what I should write instead of THUMBDRIVE_name...

And, if I Update from 10.4.9 to 10.5.1... What do I have to select at the installation? (GUID or MBR?)