guaterickie

ALC888 Kext

15 posts in this topic

is it me or can i not find this kext? i tried looking for it here and on google but only one page has had a download attachment and it didnt work when i clicked it, it just sent me to a GIF image.

im looking for skippys ALC888 audio kext. if anyone has it i would be grateful if you would share!

Advertisement

i have a good one for ICH9 Chipsets, idkd what u have but i will post mine.

alc888.txt

I posted an ICH9 Codec Dump. If you have a different chipset you will need to search for a different dump. Go to the Hardware/Drivers section of this forum and download hda patcher 2.0 and drag the txt file to the icon and it will patch. Like i said if u dont have this chipset, in the Topic where the HDA patcher is available, there is a link to other codec dumps.

Yea, either way, i prefer to use HDA patcher and simply drag the codec over, ive even used both. The codec i posted should work.

@wigworm, i sent you a pm regarding our motherboard.

could you please tell me the procedure step by step to instal alc888 txt on mac osx10.5.6 i just install with dg31pr board but sound not working and also the pci sound card not detected i have maya1010 pci card by audiotrak

please help...

sachin

could you please tell me the procedure step by step to instal alc888 txt on mac osx10.5.6 i just install with dg31pr board but sound not working and also the pci sound card not detected i have maya1010 pci card by audiotrak

please help...

sachin

Just download this:

ALC888 KEXT FOR ICH9

I assume you know how to install kext right? If you are not sure, Use Delish's Kext helper (search this forum and you shall find).

Thank you so much, this helped my put sound on a friend's mac!