kalyway install problem - constant reboot after install

rob801

18 posts in this topic

hi guys...

having a little trouble with my install - im new to the osx86 community so any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am using the kalyway 10.5.1 install - i have been out today and purchased a 250gb sata hd purposely for osx - i have used gparted to partition 100gb and selected this has a primary boot.

on installing osx - every thing loads up - i use disk utility to to format the partition as mac jourald - and select cutomise options as boot mbr - with the vanilla option at the top - no other drivers selected....

Install works and completes no probs whatsoever - and then states reboot required, on doin so the darwin boot looader appears(press f8 for more options....)

on selecting hd(0,1) mac

it loads darwin bootloader

but then when it gets to starting darwin /x86 the computer justs restarts and does this everything again wothout going any further???????

not too sure if i need to do any command promts to the hard disk to make it boot

but any help or advise would be muchly appreciated....

kind regards y'all....

Instead of what you are typing in the bootloader options try this, without the quotes:

"mach_kernel rd=disk0s1", assuming your system partition is the first one on the first disk.

If you have other disks, go into DiskUtility from the install disk and click "info" on the volume/partition you installled to, then use the correct volume identifier as above.

i have managed to get a little further - before reboot the (by pressing the pause key to see what is on the screen before reboot) it say

efi boot loader toh

using smbios table found at 0x000fc550

using acpi rsdp revision 0 found at 0x000fb7e0

staring darwin /x86

reboot

if i press f8 and enter -x -v -s

loadsof files load up then restarts with the dvd in and then i get

system config file '/com.apple.boot.plist ' not found

you would happen to know hoe to resolve this lil issue....

i have faith in getting this lil number to work....

any help would be much appreciated

i am having the exact same problem, i would really need help, cause im going nuts.

i also got a 80Gb HDD sataII only for osx, before instalation starts, i physically disconected my primary hard drive i have windows on...

First of all, from my understanding you can only have vanilla kernel if your processor is Core Duo and your mobo chipset is Intel. If you meet those qualifications, then you can install the vanilla kernel. HOWEVER, you must modify a few settings in your bios as well as shown below.

Execute Disable Function - ENABLE

ACPI 2 Support - Yes

and Speed step - Disable

I have the EXACT same problem you all have described...the automatic reboot after install. My BIOS is incredibly simple and so I don't even have the option to make these changes...stupid BIOS!! Check these settings in your BIOS! If you don't see them in your BIOS, then you're probably screwed like me.

Like mentioned before...just don't check the vanilla kernel and you can always boot using the modded kernel.

I'm also having this problem, but if I boot the Kalyway DVD and use the "vanilla" option the OS starts with no problem. Is there some way I can copy the boot settings from the dvd to my HD?

Also, why is there always a second partition if I partition with Disk Utility? I go to partition the drive with DiskUtil and choose 1 Partition from the drop down and make sure it is set to GUID. I end up with two partitions.

We need your computer spec's to help you guys. If you are trying to use the Vanilla kernel and don't have a Core Duo type processor, then it will reboot, but please post your spec's first.

this is my pc specs:

cpu:DualCore Intel Pentium E2140, 1600 MHz

MB :ecs P4M900T-M2

VC : NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT (512 MB)

RAM: 512 MB DDR2-533 DDR2 SDRAM

HDD: 80GB SEAGATE

do i have to install vanilla kernel with my specs? after installing kalyway, it always reboots.

Had the same issue. In my case all i had to do was to uncheck both Vanilla`s and pick MBR. Installed in 27 min, boot in 17s! I`m really impressed! Thx Kalyway & The Band

This really worked for me ... My Config is

Intel 3.0 HT

Intel 915gav

1GB DDR1

THANKs bonbof :P

i have a core 2 duo e4300 and can only boot kalaway 10.5.1 with "cpus=1" as a boot command. I installed vanilla kernel and efi. try it, it may work but isn't ideal as the System profiler says: Number of processors: 0, number of cores: 1. I get an Xbench cpu score of 98.33 but yesterday it said 60ish. :( odd.

UPDATE!

i no longer have to use cpus=1 as i disabled speed step, enabled acpi2 and enabled "Execute Disable Function". cheers for that bond00. suggest you guys who dont have it working try cpus=1 and if that works, change that stuff in the bios!thanks

Hi guy (sorry for my english, i'am french and new there !)

I finally succees in installing Kalyway Leopard on my acer aspire 2026wlmi (M755 pross) but i had to uncheck all option and use mbr boot. I had sound but not the wifi and ethernet working for now. the thinks is that Leopard detect my processor like a 4ghz one and it is a 2ghz in fact so i tried to install the sse2 package, and the vanilla kernel and after that i had this constant reboot. Because i don't know how to uninstall this kernel and the sse2 patch i have to reinstall again without the vanilla kernel!

If somebody can help me with that, i'll be happy and i can maybe help with my experimentation !

Tx

• 3 months later...
this is my pc specs:

do i have to install vanilla kernel with my specs? after installing kalyway, it always reboots.

We have almost the same specs. We have the same videocard but mine is in PCIE

VC : NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT (512 MB) <-- the kalyway 10.5.x has no drivers for nvidia geforce 7300GT with 512mb memory, it needs to be rom flashed, and its risky.

http://nvinject.free.fr/512Mb.html <- flashing steps. I hope there's a better solution than this that doesn't involve flashing.

• 3 weeks later...

"i disabled speed step, enabled acpi2 and enabled "Execute Disable Function". cheers for that bond00. suggest you guys who dont have it working try cpus=1 and if that works, change that stuff in the bios!thanks"

This fixed my endless reboot problem as well, Thanks man! :D

Toshiba Equium A100-147:

Intel T2050 Core Duo 1.66 GhZ

Intel 945 GM Chipset

Western Digital 60GB SATA hdd

4 GB PC2-4200 RAM

I did not want to bump this tread up just for my cry for help - but now that someone else pushed it up again...

I tried all the solutions you guys gave on this thread, but nothing helped for me.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=109671

I have an AMD processor and am currently trying the modbinkernel on Kalyway 10.5.3 - to no avail. Please check out my thread to help me or tell me of other solutions to this problem. :/

My system is supposed to work out of the box with Kalyway...

• 5 months later...
this is my pc specs:

hey mate, i've got little probs with installing kalyway 10.5.2... i've got same motherboard as you (P4M900T-M2), but Pentium 4 3Ghz (SSE3). the problem is that the setup don't see any drives. i've formated my 2nd HDD with MacDrive 7 into mac's file system, and tried FAT32... none displayed.

i heard that some things has to be changed in BIOS, but i can't see where those things are! could you please help me!? what did you changed in your BIOS?

has anyone got Leopard running on P4M900T-M2 motherboard? please help