RETAIL INSTALL/PATCHING

IRONSLAVE

7 posts in this topic

that suxs. what about doing the procedure within linux, I do have that (notice the lack of macability), I know Linux is like a magical os being hat mac is based on the same code and all

i am on a restricted server and can't do the whole "torrent" thing

unfortunately all i have and can et is the Retail disc, i am deployed and have limited access to the internet. I might be able to get someone with a mac to patch the disc for me but i have to get the patch as well too i guess. i just would like to cut out the mac man and find a way around it to do it myself.is there a way to mulate Leopard in windows/linux via Pear pc or the likes? if thats possible i can source these kinds of files and install it in windows then patch it then burn it then install it again

Having limited access to the internet means that you are pretty much screwed. I tried the Brazilmac patching in Linux and it did not work. I was not able to do the first patch which shrinks the retail image down to a size the will fit on a single layer disk. Off the subject, what part of the armed services are you in?

i am in the air force acctually,

i am talking a guy into doing this for me for 20$ i hope it works with his copy i don't want to throw money down the drain. i havent really ever used a mac and i have no urge to waste money on one either. so i am doing it this way. then i can gloat to thos mac lovin bastards and tell em to go to hell (i fued with them all the time).