Strange problem when booting

5 posts in this topic

Hi

I have a hard drive with Vista on it and one with Leopard on it.

I used to have the DVD in the disc drive and have my mac drive on SATA 1 when i wanted to boot into Leopard. When i wanted to boot into Vista I would have that in the SATA 1 channel and have the DVD out.

I have not changed anything in the BIOS or any other settings. When i boot any drive the computer displays this every time I start the computer:

http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/9356/img0389zp3.jpg

Everything below "Verifying DMI pool" should not appear

That is my ABIT IB9 motherboards network card. Why is that coming up. After that it will boot into Leopard but when I try to boot into Vista I get a "SYSTEM BOOT ERROR. CANNOT FIND SYSTEM DISK"

How can I get it to boot into Vista again and stop displaying that?

I think what's happening here is that your machine is attempting to boot from LAN. Disable that boot option in the BIOS and you shouldn't see that issue anymore.

As for your Vista problem, it's hard to say with the information provided what happened to your install. If you need the files from your Vista partition, copy them to a CD in Leo and try to reinstall. Was the computer working fine before you installed Leo? You might also try checking the boot flags with gparted. It sounds to me though that you broke your Vista install when you installed Leo somehow...

Hi

None of my boot options has the LAN in it.

I really don't want to re-install as I have recently done that and I just got all my info etc on it. I has been working perfectly before and after installing Leopard it just started doing this randomly.