bootcamp partition help

iarora

9 posts in this topic

This usually happens when some applications "lock" some files in place so they cannot be moved. The only solution I know (since there is no defragmentation app in Leo) is to backup your whole system, reformat the partition, restore your data and run the bootcamp assistant again.

I know this solution is far from optimal but not even the unhelpful Apple geeks know of a better solution.

Sorry,

hecker

EDIT: Here's a tutorial on how to backup your Leo using rsync: http://www.egg-tech.com/mac_backup/

Cant i just back it up with timemachine?
Oh yeah. I forgot about that one :D

The only problem with time machine is that forces you to re-install from the dvd in order to recover your files. Not really the fastest solution compared to clones but probably easier to handle.

Good luck,

hecker

• 1 month later...
i tried to partition my disk but it gave me an error saying some files could not be moved and in order to partition i will have to back up my disk and format it, is there any other easier way to partition my disk?

picture1xk7.png

Try removing a few gigs from your drive, run disk utility to repair permissions/disk and then run Boot Camp setup again. I've had this happen a few times on my Mini. I think Boot Camp has to be able to make a contiguous partition.

ls

i tried to partition my disk but it gave me an error saying some files could not be moved and in order to partition i will have to back up my disk and format it, is there any other easier way to partition my disk?

picture1xk7.png

Close all the applications that are open