STRIKER EXTREME

PD-Baraka

22 posts in this topic

kalyway 10.5.1 on asus striker extreme.

LETS GET IT TO WORK!

ok, ive seen many people complain about their bad choice of motherboard for this install B)

myself just got it to work and ill gladly share how i got so far with this.

i just installed it and can boot it with a IDE drive using -x cpus=1.

anyone got any further?

also where can i get driver for the different things on the board that we need?

Ethernet / Soundcard / Geforce8800gtx

ive been trying to install this for two weeks now, and as much as i appreciate help ill return the favor aswell.

thanks in advance.

lets stand together!

i can get into leopard in safe mode, and i believe its because i get panics with no driver for my hardware.

where do you guys even get to download the kexts?

and how the hell do you install them?

cant seem to find information on that?

starting with the ethernet so i can read this forum from within leopard if its even possible in safe mode?

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I only saw this now...

I have had kaly 10.5.1 working with a core2 quad (striker extreme mobo)

7600gt (full features)

and sound 2 channel...

network doesnt work too good for me though

you need the nforce (efi enabled) kernel if you have 2 cores or more(wont need the cpus=1)

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/7/5/1099..._efi_kernel.zip

ps I would just copy to root as nforce .. that way you can press the enter key in the 4 second count and type nforce...

PD-BARAKA - how did you get the GEFORCE 8800 GTX to work. i have same card but it doesnt work since the ID is wrong on the card in geforce.kext - my card is 0x0191 but mac.nub sets it to 0x0193. ive changed it but all i get is kernal panics. any cchance you can send me the one you have that works?

cheers,

LB

• 4 weeks later...

This thread is a godsend! but I'm getting nowhere with the install!

The install dvd checks ok but when it actually starts installing it says '8 hours remain' (or there abouts) does anyone know if this is just the hd i'm using?

[i dug a pretty old 60gb IDE out an old tower cos I don't want to wipe my other SATA hds until i can get another or a new IDE, payday on the 7th w00t!] <- any recomendations on that by the way, IDE or SATA for osx?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I tried Leo4all v3... can't get very far.. I've tried disabling my SATA drives (planning on installing to a IDE drive), pushing F8, typing "-x -legacy cpus=1"... but it always crashes and says something about the old FODB cache...

ApplicationServices.framework/Frameworks/ATS.framework/Support/ATSServer[87]: (13) Cannot use ATS Persistent Store - switching to old FODB cache code

Looks like I'll have to try this Kalyway..

• 2 weeks later...

I've been trying to install 3 different version of mac os X on my machine for over a week now. If someone can help i would really appreciate it! Here is my specs:

Intel q6600 quad core

Corsair 6400c3d 800mhz 2x1 gigs

wd raptor 740 x2

asus striker extreme nvidia 680i chipset

soundblaster x-fi (or i can use the sound card that came with the mobo)

plextor px-755sa sata dvdrom drive

emprex ide dvdrom drive

bfg 8800 gtx oc2 video card

I have kalyway mac os x 10.5.1 and leoall4 v3 and i can't get the installation to complete properly i have spent over a week most of them without sleep for 29 hours straight. Any help would be greatly appreciate it! Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll bump this as I have a Striker Extreme, and am currently at a loss of what to do to get this installed. Specs in sig.

First, Kalyway installs about 90%, before getting the error "Could not validate 'java tools' package". I have tried reburning, and different selections in customization, but nothing works.

Leo4all, I finally got Leo4all v3 to boot for the first time last night, resulting in a very quick error as soon as install started (after it checked the DVD), saying "Could not validate the '10.5.2 Intel' package". I get this same error with iAtkos v20i. I am incredibly frustrated because I cannot figure either errors out. (leo4all would not boot without cpus=1 added at boot)

Please anyone help me get this going, I have been trying for at least a week now, I feel like I have read so much my eyes hurt, but I am determined to get this working. If anyone has any tips for me I would be incredibly greatful, and don't plan on leaving this community for a while. To share what worked for me, and to help others with their problems.

Thanks in advance.

ok I thought people would read before they post but....

Asus striker extreme works with kalyway, iatkos v1 r3, ide no problem sata... ?

I was going to wait till i finished the iatokos v2.0i install to let people know about sata...

but whilst it installed, it didnt do the boot loader...

But as it installed all the way Im pretty sure ill get the sata side working.I have both a sata dvd and a ide dvd drive . In order to boot the dvd to setup screen you need to use the -v cpus=1

but after that its pretty straight forward. As ive stated before , you need the nforce kernel for core 2 duo or higher if you dont want to use the cpus=1 switch. I havent tried leo4 all , but will be doing that after I get 2.0i working.

If im not too lazy ill do some screen shots of the required files. which I might add Iatkos has alot of. I think the Iatkos team has done exceptionally well with their latest version...

cheers,

Paul (kadmiff)

• 4 weeks later...

Being 'noobish' as I am I did get leo4all v3 working on this board, next to windows vista but on a seperate drive. Now I do see 2 NIC's added to the settings of my network, but both say 'not connected'. Should I boot using a different kernel ?

Thanks in advance...

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Installation ok with Leo4allv3 on my Striker Extreme + 8800GTX.

Sound Ok with AzaliaAudio, Graphics Ok with nvinject 0.2.1 and 768MB RAM option.

Onboard Lan problem solved with nForceEthernetController.kext. Cable detected but only static IP, need to boot with cpus=1 for DHCP mode.

• 4 weeks later...

question... im using the following

iATKOS v2 (newest build from iatkos with 10.5.4 pre installed)

Asus Striker Exreme (bios 1504 i believe (newest stable))

Nvidia BFG 8600 GT OC

2gb of Crucial Ballistix ram

Now if i boot with cpus=1 everything is gret but slower performace.

If i boot without cpus=1 my onboard nic still works, but will panic my system... is there any fixes for this at this time PLEASE any help wuld be appareciated.... ALSO my sata cdrom drive is detected but i get sam multimedia errors... that id also like fixed!!!!!

So basically i nrd a fix for my sata cdrom drive (its a samsunb sh203b model)

also want to run all cores.... (cpus=1 disables me being able to stream using rivet or connect360 to xbox also)

also i noticed if i use a seperate NIC card like a rtl8139 (using the leopard drivers that are posted somewhere here) and that stops working too... even my atheros (netgear wpn311n freezes after time)

so in end... what i wanna be able to do is not have to use cpus=1 and get full network use... to me it seems no pci ethernetcard works either unlesss using cpus=1 so please help PLEASE HELP!!! :_)

Sorry its a jumbled.. hope u guys understand what im trying to do...

Haktar has gotten SATA installed using leo4all PM :) ive just managed to get it installed on my system;

ASUS STRIKER EXTREME

CREATIVE XFI FATAL1TY GAMER SERIES

NIC CARDS WORKING OUT THE BOX

NO AUDIO AS OF YET

ATI X1800XT POWERCOLOR @ 1024 x 786

:)

question... im using the following

iATKOS v2 (newest build from iatkos with 10.5.4 pre installed)

Asus Striker Exreme (bios 1504 i believe (newest stable))

Nvidia BFG 8600 GT OC

2gb of Crucial Ballistix ram

Now if i boot with cpus=1 everything is gret but slower performace.

If i boot without cpus=1 my onboard nic still works, but will panic my system... is there any fixes for this at this time PLEASE any help wuld be appareciated.... ALSO my sata cdrom drive is detected but i get sam multimedia errors... that id also like fixed!!!!!

So basically i nrd a fix for my sata cdrom drive (its a samsunb sh203b model)

also want to run all cores.... (cpus=1 disables me being able to stream using rivet or connect360 to xbox also)

also i noticed if i use a seperate NIC card like a rtl8139 (using the leopard drivers that are posted somewhere here) and that stops working too... even my atheros (netgear wpn311n freezes after time)

so in end... what i wanna be able to do is not have to use cpus=1 and get full network use... to me it seems no pci ethernetcard works either unlesss using cpus=1 so please help PLEASE HELP!!! :_)

Sorry its a jumbled.. hope u guys understand what im trying to do...

iATKOS v4i works :D network works after install, run with toh -v everything is easy :D

Haktar has gotten SATA installed using leo4all PM :) ive just managed to get it installed on my system;

ASUS STRIKER EXTREME

CREATIVE XFI FATAL1TY GAMER SERIES

NIC CARDS WORKING OUT THE BOX

NO AUDIO AS OF YET

ATI X1800XT POWERCOLOR @ 1024 x 786

:)

iATKOS v4i works :D network works after install, run with toh -v everything is easy :D

Hi there,

Have you checked out the excellent threads by Mysticus C* for Intel CPUs and nForce chipset MOBOs:http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=87901

and http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=109102

If you follow Mysticus C*'s guides carefully they should get you going OK...his guides and updater packages have got me up to running 10.5.4 on a 650i MOBO with a Q6600..... :D

A key point will be whether or not you have a SATA or PATA DVDRW as the former may cause problems.....But if you need further clarification on each step read the Kalyway 10.5.2 (IMHO the preferred choice because of giving no SUIDs errors) and iATKOSv2.0i 10.5.2 install guides in my blog......other forum readers and members have posted saying that it helped them install OS X successfully....the following posts here on pages 81 and 82 by sQuadron, which show that iATKOS v2.0i was successfully installed using my blog guide and is running on a ASUS striker exteme mother board (nForce 680i).....whereas he had problems with leo4all v3...... :)

• 9 months later...

I have ASUS STRIKER EXTREME

CPU :E7200

Mem:DDR2 800 4G

Geforce 7950GT (Mod Bios)

IDE HD & SATA DVD-ROM

I intalled Leopard 10.5.6 Retail DVD, and installed AppleNforceATA、Drawin-512MB、NforceEthernet、OpenHaltRestart、 AppleAzaliaAudio. It`s working OK !

Sound OK!

Enthernet OK!

Sata not OK!

But when I runing "software update" it show me 4 Language screen and die.... It is a big problem ,who konw how to fix it? thanks!