Just got an 8600 GT, Time machine still doesnt work

7 posts in this topic

alright. i just got myself an apple keyboard and a brand new nvidia 8600 GT 512MB graphics card. I installed it perfectly and it works. It recognized it and I installed the right drivers, it seems like everything works now, including screen res and photobooth.

All I want to get working now and then I have a full OS X is time machine. It just collapses the finder like its going to start and freezes for a second. Then the screen just goes blank, like it shows the desktop and nothing happens. I have tried multiple times.

I have QE/CI enabled. I am just not sure why I cannot get this to work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

alright. i just got myself an apple keyboard and a brand new nvidia 8600 GT 512MB graphics card. I installed it perfectly and it works. It recognized it and I installed the right drivers, it seems like everything works now, including screen res and photobooth.

All I want to get working now and then I have a full OS X is time machine. It just collapses the finder like its going to start and freezes for a second. Then the screen just goes blank, like it shows the desktop and nothing happens. I have tried multiple times.

I have QE/CI enabled. I am just not sure why I cannot get this to work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

replace /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworking.kext/Contents/MacOS/IONetworkingFamily with http://www.mediafire.com/?ajjxgtjf2mz

chown root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworking.kext/Contents/MacOS/IONetworkingFamily

chmod 755 /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworking.kext/Contents/MacOS/IONetworkingFamily

restart osx

ok. also i only have IONetworkingFamily.kext... do i use that. and how can i do all of this in terminal. this would be easier with screen sharing through ichat... =] haha

when i try to do it in terminal, i get a operation not permitted...

ok. also i only have IONetworkingFamily.kext... do i use that. and how can i do all of this in terminal. this would be easier with screen sharing through ichat... =] haha

when i try to do it in terminal, i get a operation not permitted...

ok, you need to setup your root account first....

open terminal and type...

sudo passwd root

it will ask you for the admin password, type it in.

then it will ask you to set the root password.

to do any low level work on your system you will need to su to root

to su to root type

su

then follow the above instructions