Cannot Boot into Leopard

drumthrasher109

5 posts in this topic

Wow all this stuff is driving me crazy.

I reinstalled Leopard on an HFS+ partition THREE TIMES in the past HOUR. All i'm getting now after the BIOS does its stuff is getting a blinking cursor...and thats it! WTF IS GOING ON?!

This might be because my thumb drive was set as active, i'll unplug it and see what happens...I don't post until tomorrow.

EDIT: Doesn't work.

Do you have GParted Live or a live linux distro like Ubuntu? If you don't, then download GParted LIve (it is a lot smaller file), and use it to set your HD as "boot". Let us know if that works. You can always leave the Leopard disk in and let the timer count down to zero and it should find your Leopard partition and boot up.

If I leave the DVD in, it will count down, then it will ask me if I wanna use -v or do ? for other commands, and the little list only shows the DVD; it doesn't find the Leopard partition.

If I boot up to the Leopard installation thing, and go to Disk Utility and click on the Leopard partition, it still finds it, it knows that it is, it knows how many files/folders are there and everything...should I try repairing the permissions or something?

I'll try the GParted thing when I get home from school.

Try installing Windows in 20 minutes... It won't even load its HW database in that time...

Anyway, there is lots of info on this forum on the 'blinking cursor' issue. I used the GParted method to set the Bootflag (although it was set already, GParted set it again and it booted fine...).