New Hackintosh user... no sound?

4 posts in this topic

alrighty, i just made a Hackintosh out of my old POS windows XP alienware comp. I love it, with the exception of no sound. My friend who helped me said i need to install the Realtek ac97 driver for my sound to work. (I dont have a soundcard im using the built in lil green plug on my motherboard) if you need to know my motherboard specifics i dont have them now but i can get them. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

alrighty, i just made a Hackintosh out of my old POS windows XP alienware comp. I love it, with the exception of no sound. My friend who helped me said i need to install the Realtek ac97 driver for my sound to work. (I dont have a soundcard im using the built in lil green plug on my motherboard) if you need to know my motherboard specifics i dont have them now but i can get them. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Figure out what the sound device is called. Usually, even if it is integrated, there is a name for it (mine is Realtek 1111B or something). Take that, and use this search engine to find drivers.

well after further investigation i found that i have a Asus P5GD1-VM motherboard and i found the drivers. SO now i just need to understand how to install them. Can anyone explain how to do that in simple derr derr language? haha? thanks a million