Leopard(Kalyway) on IBM T42.

cnkaiser

19 posts in this topic

I have download the DVD image(MD5 checked) of Kalyway 10.5.1 and burned it on a DVD-R.

However when I tried to start the system from a USB DVD ROM, I failed. I cannot even enter the interface of the DVD, at alone install the OS.

With -v, I found it system was blocked at the screen I have attached.

Anyone please tell what's wrong about it?

My was led by Google to here, I look forward your help.

10012008210.jpg

I have exactly the same problem with my T41. I even tried cloning the install disk to a partition in the HD drive but the result is the same....

So, have you been successfully installed any Mac OS on your T41 which newer than 10.4.8?

I have download the DVD image(MD5 checked) of Kalyway 10.5.1 and burned it on a DVD-R.

However when I tried to start the system from a USB DVD ROM, I failed. I cannot even enter the interface of the DVD, at alone install the OS.

10012008210.jpg

i didnot see any error in this picture. it looks that it enlists an ibm recover partition.

just let it wait longer. 20 minutes is good.

Many thanks to zandera and other friend, I have installed Kalyway on my USB hard drive(I only selected SSE2 and mbr).

However I was stopped at a grey screen with mouse cursor after the Apple logo screet.

There is only on partition on my USB hard drive, and I used to install and run 10.4.8 on it smoothly.

What I need to do for next step?

zandera,

Thanks. Got installed on external USB HD. I selected SSE3 and MBR_EFI. The install continued after about 10-15 min.

cnkaiser,

First boot up also seem stucked at one point. But it continued after about 10-15 min wait.

Everything seems to be working except my Atheros wifi. I wonder if the 10.4.5 Tiger driver will work?

• 4 months later...

10012008210.jpg

Hey that is what happened to me but it was burnt onto a DVD+ and it didn't really like that. I got it from a friend at work. I then got onto a different laptop of mine and that one could read it, so i burnt the image onto one of my spare DVD- and it could read. The install went fine with the T42 but i have to boot it by typing '-v -x' take its time too load but it works fine except for the audio.