Does anyone know how to import my library from my iPod?

Carvinite

6 posts in this topic

Okay, so I have ALOT of music on my iPod classic, and my computer crashed, does anyone know of a good safe way to import my library back onto my computer? I have looked around, and found a few different things on this, but I wanted to see if any of you guys have a suggestion.

Thanks,

Ryan

If you have your songs tagged properly (ID3), there's another method. Make sure it's enabled for disk use, and iTunes is set to import on play. Then, I'd suggest either using Onyx or Tinkertool to show hidden files. Press CMD + Shift + G, and type in /Volumes/your iPod name/. This should bring you to the root of your iPod in Finder. Now, inside the Finder window, search for .mp3 (filename). CMD + A, CMD + down to add, and you're done.

• 2 weeks later...

Yip get the older version 3.xxx and dont update to 5.xxx in 3 you can chuck all your songs in one directory, in 5 it puts all the song according to artist no matter what album it was on!?

SticMAN

You can try using Senuti. I have used it in the past and it has worked well for me. I don't buy songs off the iTunes Music Store so I don't know how well purchases work.