Bad Axe 2 owners--what video cards work with deep sleep?

5 posts in this topic

I have a Bad Axe 2 running 10.5.1. It will go into deep sleep, but it won't wake correctly. It comes back up and is useable but the HD light steadily flashes and if it sleeps again it always hangs and needs a forced power off. I have a one-sleep-only situation here.

My hardware is pretty standard. Bad Axe 2 board, SATA drives (AHCI) connected to intel controller, E6700 Core 2 processor, an ASUS 7300GT silent pcie card.

I figured I would start troubleshooting with the video card since it kinda sucks anyway!

Bad Axe 2 people with correctly working deep sleep that wakes up correctly, what video card are you using?

I have a Bad Axe 2 running 10.5.1. It will go into deep sleep, but it won't wake correctly. It comes back up and is useable but the HD light steadily flashes and if it sleeps again it always hangs and needs a forced power off. I have a one-sleep-only situation here.

My hardware is pretty standard. Bad Axe 2 board, SATA drives (AHCI) connected to intel controller, E6700 Core 2 processor, an ASUS 7300GT silent pcie card.

I figured I would start troubleshooting with the video card since it kinda sucks anyway!

Bad Axe 2 people with correctly working deep sleep that wakes up correctly, what video card are you using?

XFX 7600GS dual DVI, fanless model. Using standard Leopard kexts and nvinject 1.3 for video.

Well I don't know as I gave up on mine for ages, until just recently.

I have a similar system to yours.

Check these things:

Latest Bios-

Bios/Power

After Power - off

Wake On Lan - on

ACPI - S3

EIST - disable

Intel Quick - Disable

Get the SMBios from here:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=76014

Check the 'Enable Pwr button to sleep' in Energy Saver

(It also enables wake from sleep)

after all that stuff mine worked, with same graphics as you.