SheepShaver (PPC emulator) error

S.SubZero

5 posts in this topic

I'm trying to use the PPC emulator "SheepShaver". I have it all setup, I know the ROM and the disk image work (they work on my Windows SheepShaver install), but when I try to run SheepShaver under Leopard I just get "SheepShaver error: Cannot map RAM: File exists." and the app dies. I have tried the newest universal binary as well as the newest Intel Mac binary but the results are the same.

Anyone try this app and get it working in Leopard, specifically iATKOS? Info on this around the 'net is kind of sparse, the only people I see reproducing the error are Japanese users (that I can't understand enough) and some isolated cases, but there's been no solution offered.

Hi,

Did you set memory to be used below 1024Mb?

How did you move the rom file from windows to the mac?

Some people got it running after reapplying the 10.5.1 update downloaded from apple.

Extra (non-Japanese :blink: ) info might be available at: www.emaculation.com/forum/

Best,

Cat_7

I tried various RAM settings from 384MB to 1024MB but none had any effect. The ROM I am using works, and I even have another ROM that I know doesn't work, but I still get the same error with that one, and I get the same error with no ROM at all, which probably should not happen since even the old Windows version of SheepShaver specifically tells me when the ROM is missing or invalid.

Guess I can try getting that update. Just gotta figure out where it is. I never go to Apple's site.

Hi,

Did you set memory to be used below 1024Mb?

How did you move the rom file from windows to the mac?

Some people got it running after reapplying the 10.5.1 update downloaded from apple.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm having the same problem on a 2006 Mac pro after I upgraded to leopard.

I have a new 2008 Mac pro with leopard and it works on it. I believe the problem is with leopard on some machines.

I've also noticed that other people have posted similar comments on the web.