Kaly 10.5.1 and GAp35-DS3p Still waiting for Root Device

andytof47

11 posts in this topic

Hi there,

I am trying to install from the Kaly DVD 10.5.1 but no luck

I get a waiting for Root Device..... :D Has any one with these specs Got the Kaly DVD working???

Please I'm really desperate and the only success i've had so far is with the flat Image and I downloaded this beleiving it was the way to GO baby..... but i'm still waiting for that moment :(

The other problem is that I can only boot if I remove the HDD---- what's going on... please someone help me..

I have the bios set to

AHCI

Native mode

I'm not sure about the conectors - if i'm connected to the purple it returns an error : can't find a plist

heres the specs

GA-P35-DS3P rev2

2GB DDR 800 RAM

SATA-Pioneer DVDRW

SATA - WD 60GB HDD

PCI-e GeForce 7200

all help is really really appreciated

The Kalyway release doesn't need AHCI to be enabled. You should try booting by pressing F12 at startup and selecting CDROM. Also, make sure you have the hard-disk connected in the first two SATA connectors, but I'm not sure this is the problem.

Oh WOW, No AHCI needed, thanks for pointing that out and thanks for the suggestions i'll try them out

that's interesting and it means a slightly quicker boot too yay....

I managed to boot into it with no SATA drives connected and then waited for the "choose destination disk dialogue"

then I used a usb2SATA for my notebook drive on the desktop.......

One problem is though after I finish installing I get a B0 (Zero) error

Bzero??? hmm Thats with the Vanilla Kernel selected and whatever else is default for Kali

Any suggestions?

I gather this is something easy to get around as it did the exact same thing on my Toshiba Tecra m5

Went through the whole install then on reboot I got the dreaded bzero Error

Cheers for any help

I gotta go to bed now

I'm not sure about the conectors - if i'm connected to the purple it returns an error : can't find a plist

Do you get com.apple.boot.plist error? What did you do to get rid of this error?

I've got Kalyway running on a P35-DS3P v1.0, installs just fine for me off the DVD. Just make sure you have your DVD-ROM and hard drive on the ICH9R controller and have it set to AHCI. I originally installed it with the DVD on port 4 and the drive on port 3.

Worked great for me.

Do you get com.apple.boot.plist error? What did you do to get rid of this error?
Yep only when i'm connected to the purple connector though - I just changed this and it was all coolhope that help
I've got Kalyway running on a P35-DS3P v1.0, installs just fine for me off the DVD. Just make sure you have your DVD-ROM and hard drive on the ICH9R controller and have it set to AHCI. I originally installed it with the DVD on port 4 and the drive on port 3.Worked great for me.
cheers for that - just a question though - the ICH9r is the orange controler right? the one that has four ports?

cheers for that - just a question though - the ICH9r is the orange controler right? the one that has four ports?

On mine the ICH9-R ports are the orange ones, although mine has six. The JMicron controller is purple and has only two. Also I would recommend disabling the JMicron controller altogether until after you get leopard installed, in my BIOS it's labeled as "Onboard SATA/IDE Device", set that to "Disabled".

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...t=0&start=0

That's the most reliable way to install on these boards, or use a retail DVD from a second partition.

yeah i'll try it from that guide but what options should I have checked under customize?

There is only one option for the kernel - vanilla - if I don't check that will that then just install a modified kernel or no kernel?

Hello all!

I'm having the same issue as Andytof47 with one difference. I also get this:

SAM Multimedia: Read or Write failed SENSE_KEY = 0x04, ASC = 0X08, ASCQ = 0X00

My specs are as follows:

MB: Intel BLKD975XBX2KR LGA 775 Intel 975X

Proc: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600

RAM: Corsair XMS 5400 DDR2 2gb

Video: Sapphire Radeon X1950pro

DVD: Toshiba IDE (set as Master)

HDD: Samsung 500gb Sata

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

• 11 months later...