MBR to GUID, 10.5.1 (2 Questions)

DavidJavid

4 posts in this topic

Question #1: When I installed PCEFI I used the MBR method, cause at the time I didn't know the benefits of GUID. What's the fastest and easiest way to switch?

Question #2: I used Prawker's AMD method to make my DVD, which uses the Toh kernel. Since I'm using PCEFI, can I just install 10.5.1 from software update, get the newest Toh kernel, and then use Marvin's AMD utility? If not, what steps do I need to take?

Thanks for any help in advance.

The fastest and easiest way to change MBR to GUID would of course be the only way to do it, complete repartition of the whole HDD. There is no conversion method, you have to start from scratch since GUID is very different than MBR (GUID creates another 100+mb partition to accompany every other partition on the drive).

Question #1: When I installed PCEFI I used the MBR method, cause at the time I didn't know the benefits of GUID. What's the fastest and easiest way to switch?

Question #2: I used Prawker's AMD method to make my DVD, which uses the Toh kernel. Since I'm using PCEFI, can I just install 10.5.1 from software update, get the newest Toh kernel, and then use Marvin's AMD utility? If not, what steps do I need to take?

Thanks for any help in advance.

Use your DVD to recreate partition with guid and then use Time machine to reinstall all...