Upgrade from Tiger to Leopard

Данчо

4 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

I have a MacBook that I bought a little less than a year ago (2GHz Core Duo, 160GB, 2GB Ram). I just downloaded a 7GB dmg file with the 10.5 Leopard off a torrent. What could I do next (and is it worth the hassle)?

Can I simply mount it (without burining it) and just upgrade my current OS X? Should I burn it on a DVD (or try to shrink it on a single layer?) Will this upgrade keep ALL my files and ALL previously installed software? How much more space will the new system take up in addidion? Will the computer be slower/faster?

I definitely find unworthy reinstalling from scratch the OS L, all the software and transferring my data, so let me know if this is the case ;)

Also, how is the question with the licencing - will there be any problems?

Thanks a bunch guys!

First off, just burn it to a dual-layer DVD (you just saved $129 by pirating OSX, pay the $2 or $3 for a DL-DVD :) ). Make sure you burn at the lowest possible speed, then boot from it. The upgrade option should be the default, so you just need to follow the installation instructions that appear onscreen. Can't remember the exact disc space it will use, but it's not that much anyway. Licensing won't be a problem as OSX doesn't have any sort of activation.

good, thank you... i just need to figure out how to burn it on a dual layer b/c I don't think the Macbook has it.... maybe I'll ask a friend... problem is my removable HDD is FAT32 (so that I can use it on both PC and MAC) and the max file size on this system is only 2 GB i think :(I'm dumb!... :) I just realized I can burn dual layer dvds.... stupid... :blink: