ADI Soundmax OS X driver suggestion?

JimGill

6 posts in this topic

ADI Soundmax what? Do you know what ADI chipset it uses? What are your hardware specs?

If its using an ADI1988B sound chipset, then you should have selected Azalia ADI1988B during the Customize part of the install. If you did, you may able to edit the AppleAzalia kext to add your Vendor and Device ID.

Just a heads up......My PC was installed with WinXP. Since I totally formatted the unit... Since I installed Kalyway, I HAD a HD AUDIO selection. I had checked out some other forums here, tried some things in terminal. Since then, I still have no audio, I blew it away. There is no audio driver installed at the moment.

It an IBM/Lenovo M52 (8113-d5u)

Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor 630 with HT Technology,

2.5GB Memory,

80GB 7200RPM S-ATA HDD,

Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950,

48x32x48x16x CD-RW/DVD,

Intel Gigabit Ethernet,

This is from the IBM site

SysBd:

Supports Intel Prescott Celeron D processor with 533MHZ FSB and 256KB L2 cache <LI>Supports Intel Prescott Pentium 4 processors with 533MHz or 800MHz FSB with 1MB or 2MB L2 cache <LI>Supports Intel Smithfield Pentium D processors with 800MHz FSB and 2x1MB L2 cache <LI>Supports system bus speeds of 533MHz, 800MHz, and 1066MHz <LI>Custom BTX system board design <LI>LGA 775 socket

SOUND:<LI>SoundMAX Cadenza with SPX <LI>Integrated High Definition (HD) PCI AC'97 2.3 compliant codec <LI>ADI 1981HD CODEC

Intel 945G Graphics Memory Controller Hub - NG82945G chipset

Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950

Runs at 333MHz

Single and Dual channel memory capability

1202-pin FCBGA package

Intel I/O Controller Hub (ICH7) - 82801GB chipset

652-pin PBGA package

PCI Express x1 slot support

New Direct Media Interface (DMI) to Northbridge (x4 PCI Express like)

High Definition Audio

AC '97 2.3 Digital controller

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Using Kalyway, i got my PC turned into a MAC. I still don't have sound. The onboard sound is an ADI Soundmax. Any suggestions for a generic linux/mac driver for my system?

using Audiee worked for me. its a bit of a hassle but at least i have sound.

install Chud, AzaliaAudio and Audiee

Audiee and AzaliaAudio download: http://ipis-osx.wikidot.com/forum/t-101853...s-ugly-stop-gap

Chud download: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mzjlkm4idyb