Iatkos almost installed! Need help.

ScottBGKY

4 posts in this topic

Here's my setup:Intel E66002gig ramASUS PB5 Deluxe motherboard8800 GTS video card500gig MyBook external hard drive hooked up via USBexternal DVD drive hooked via USBEverything finally installed and is running great. Problem is I still can't boot without DVD in external DVD drive. I've tried all the fixes I've found on here to no avail. Would it be possible to install the Darwin bootloader on a USB thumb drive and let it boot that way so I don't have to use the external drive anymore? Or is there something I'm missing that will allow me to boot straight from the MyBook with no problems.Thanks in advance.Could a Mod move this to the OSX86 installation forum. Posted in wrong place. Thanks.

what you really should be doing is getting the bootloader onto the correct drive :) couple of things that i had to do in the past day. try to install leo to a new clean hd. make sure your bios isnt on pnp os so that the drve setup there is all good. check your sata pata configurations in your bios. if youre putting drives in again later, recheck... sometimes repairing permissions will fix it too... try installing without other volumes present... check gparted live cd boot flagsyoud get more answers if you posted in the osx86 area

I verified with gparted that the boot flag was set. No other drives are installed. I don't think the bootloader got installed on the drive to be honest even tho I followed the steps to do it. Wonder if I went back now and did it would it harm the install? If I were to boot into the install disk and try to reinstall the bootloader without actually reinstalling?