ALC888 on ASrock Conroe 1333

Goron

9 posts in this topic

I got sound working (2channel out) with Azalia, now is there a way to get the line-in/mic-in working?? I´ve already tried the HDAPatcher with the dumps of 888a. 888b and 888d. Installing those EVERYTHING is recognized as it is, but nothing works :D

So: am I stuck, or is there another way i just didn´t realize????

I've done the same as you ... tried everything

but still only azalia gives me 2ch out no mic

I've a £4 iMic which works fine for both in and out so voip apps work for me

I'm watching the forum with anticipation !

all else on the mobo works fine

leo 10.5.1 fully updated

I also have the same problem. I've also tried HDAPatcher and have my sound working 2ch with Azalia extension. Heard in a forum that someone got it working, but didn't explained how. Can anyone help? Also tried the ALC888 extension with ALCInject and got 4 outs and mic + audio input, but no sound :(

Could you please tell the specs (manufacturer/etc) of your extra hardware?? I figured out the sb2 extigy usb seems to work but round about 150 bucks is quiet a lot ....

My hardware:

- Asrock Conroe 1333-D667

- Core2 Duo Processor 2,2GHz

- 2GB DDR2 SDRAM

- 250Gb (all for mac! I own macs and i am trying to get rid of windows once and for all :()

- Conceptronic FireWire Card

Everything works lika a charm from Kaly Leo 10.5.1 install (currently up-to-date), except:

- sound (ALC888 with 6 outputs)

- Airport (stupid ralink rt61 based gigabyte GN-WP01GS that doesn't work with ralink drivers for mac).

- GMA950 - QI/CE ok! only small graphic glitches when the cursor changes from mouse pointer to text pointer (a small black square appears below the apple menu and the old cursor remains in screen). This only happens in iTunes search bar, but not in finder or Safari search bars.

Been waiting for the new HDAPatcher version...

What Video Card do u have, Goron?

Download Skippy's ALC888 package. Before skipping through the whole installation, choose "customize". Then pick the appropriate ALC driver for your board.

-Stell

That was the first method i tryed. I downloaded the package and installed the drivers. The outputs got recognized, so as the Mic an Input, but still no sound. My board has 6 outputs and no optical digital out/in

I also found this sad post from skippyretard:

"motherboards that have the audio ports in a non standard layout, will not work with these kext. The abit and msi alc883 boards switch the ports (look at a pic and you'll see what I mean) and the asrock alc888 boards split the ports into two towers. All of these boards have different GPIO layouts than what the applehda.kext provides. I do not know how to change that in the kext without the source code...

Since i've tried various methods and it only worked with azalia, probably skippy has a point.

I'll see if i stick around Ap Dev Con to learn how to make drivers!

xxhell

goron

Could you please tell the specs (manufacturer/etc) of your extra hardware?? I figured out the sb2 extigy usb seems to work but round about 150 bucks is quiet a lot ....

the griffin iMic is about 4 GBP in the uk ... maybe cos it might be discontinued ... it used to be about 30 GBP

you might try any other standard usb audio card ... they are usually very very cheap