Realtek RTL8169/8110 stops working

fugazi

8 posts in this topic

Ok so I have a Realtek RTL8169/8110 network card and it works at first but after using the connection over lan to download music from another computer on my network (windows) it stops working (after about 70mb). Also if I connect to usenet and begin dowloading something again it stops working after a short period of time. Anyone have any ideas?

• 1 month later...

I had the same problem, but it only happens with the AMD release (for me). I just swapped out that board and processor for a 945 board and Core2Duo and migrated the nic over to the new hardware and problem has not happened again. Have backed up two machines using timemachine over the network and the connection is still rock solid.

• 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Ok so I have a Realtek RTL8169/8110 network card and it works at first but after using the connection over lan to download music from another computer on my network (windows) it stops working (after about 70mb). Also if I connect to usenet and begin dowloading something again it stops working after a short period of time. Anyone have any ideas?

• 4 months later...

anyone ever find a solution to this? i have read multiple threads with a lot of people having the same problem.

I myself am now having this problem after installing a belkin network card. I had mac driver and i installed it but it does have the realtek chipset. Its the last thing i need to get running.

it just stops working after random amount of time. i have read that changing it to only use 1 processor instead of both cores might fix the problem but that is not the route i wanna take.

Any information I'm sure would be greatly appreciated!

• 1 year later...