Guide to install iATKOS

~pcwiz

6 posts in this topic

No the only thing I'm not clear on is whether you format a partition as GUID or MBR...I'm planning to install with EFI so which option do I choose, GUID or MBR?

@Sticman

Let me give you a tip: If you have nothing to contribute, then screw off get lost. I've seen lots of your posts and I haven't seen one yet that isn't just a post to insult the original starter of the topic. Infact this is the second time you've done this to ME alone so unless you have something to contribute, please don't ruin it for others.

You need to format to MBR......

Its a little strange why so many people are having problems with Iatkos...

I admit to screwing up the installation many times... however each time.. the answer was in the readme / guide on the installation CD...

It was not a one click install thing... but if you follow things in the right order and don't install too many drivers... all works all..

Advice is to Deselect most drivers.. before installing. It so tempting to install everything (by default) but then networking / video etc all ends up in a heap...

P.S. Did all my installation with the original release...

Unfornately the uphuck forums are gone. there was some good info there.. during the short time they were accessible.

The Uphuck forums are open, just visited them now. Right now I'm downloading the iATKOS v1.0i ISO (70.4% done) and I found the R2 PPF patch and I'll apply the PPF patch with PPF O Matic then burn it using Nero. But I'm doing all this in preparation for my new hackintosh which I am planning to order (the parts) this week or next week.

:P

pcwiz