* 2 x IDE (Parallel ATA), both in the chipset;

* 2 x SATA (Serial ATA), both in the chipset;

* 2 x USB (2.0) headers;

* 1 x CI sensor;

Ati- Radion X850

2Gb ram

Using the latest Kal build

I can't get very far with this..

It boots up the DVD with cursor in top left then reboots.

Hit F8 and type in Vanilla, same..

I didn't see my specifics listed in the hardware requirements..

Is there a how to guide?

Your problem description is so GOOD!! Maybe you shouldn't waste your time with MACOSX try something like......DOS v3.2

SticMAN

Your description should read: " I've tried this now for the 25th time and........" THEN ask for help(jeeeesh) ^_^ i have a spoon on my desk if you need one!!

Asus P4P800 SE

Ati- Radion X850

2Gb ram

Using the latest Kal build

I can't get very far with this..

Hit F8 and type in Vanilla, same..

I didn't see my specifics listed in the hardware requirements..

Is there a how to guide?

It does this after the install is done or when you boot it up the dvd for the first time for an install? A blinking cursor after an install usually means the OSX patition needs to be active. What type of CPU are you using? I'm pretty sure you can't use the vanilla kernel with anything but Core2Duo cpu's. Try installing with the second option, Vanilla with ACPI FIX. I used that and worked right away for me.

Cheers,

Chevy ^_^

Your problem description is so GOOD!! Maybe you shouldn't waste your time with MACOSX try something like......DOS v3.2
Dude, take a pill.. or respond with something useful.I did spend a lot of time with it. This is brand new to me. I could not find how-to-guideIf I missed something just ask.What more do you need?It boots off the CD like that. I'm not in front of it this min. but will post the generic info it says when it boots, when I am in front of it.
It does this after the install is done or when you boot it up the dvd for the first time for an install? A blinking cursor after an install usually means the OSX patition needs to be active. What type of CPU are you using? I'm pretty sure you can't use the vanilla kernel with anything but Core2Duo cpu's. Try installing with the second option, Vanilla with ACPI FIX. I used that and worked right away for me.Cheers,Chevy ;)
Chevy, Thanks for responding. It does this when I boot up the DVD for the first time. Does this work like a linux live-cd?Those harware specs I listed, are they alright you think?I will try it later tonight and post the results.I was looking for a how-to guide..Thanks

So what you should do when the darwin bootloader comes up is press F8 and then type -v and press enter. You should now see some big a$$ text start strolling and eventually you should see it change to small text and then eventually you will see the leopard screen saying something like it's preparing for install. From there you need to go into utilities and choose disk utility and then format your drive. You can choose either master boot record or GUID. Once done you exit out and continue with the install. Choose customize and make sure you choose the right kernel and you may want to choose the "remove power management kext" as well. It may or may not prevent your install from booting. I had to remove it from mine. Make sure you read the readme file that pops up before you make your choice on what drive to install OSX on. It will give you an idea as to what you may or may not need to install.

Good luck,

Chevy

Thanks for the start up tips..

using th -v

It starts up and scrools with text of services starting

I seems to get almost to the point where a menu would come up and reboots the computer.

I will post the last line that is shows before resettnig..]

Is there a boot log file somewhere?