kal vs iaktos versions

urgonah8me

7 posts in this topic

Kal works MUCH better than iaktos version for me as iaktos version when installed it doesnt restart properly into the set up... just restarts the laptop constantly...

kal's version works perfect... EXCEPT one REALLY annoying problem... Cant boot into the OS unless the dvd is in the drive... and i cant seem to solve this problem...

its a shame because kals version is the most stable and working version of any osx86 i have came across...all the drivers worked properly and everything :(.... i even tried the dvd disc to install to make leo bootable and it just didnt help...

so imo kals is probably what most users should go for (but most of you already know this)

in all fairness the search function on these forums suck... i search things all the time and i get NOTHING to do with the subject words...

also that thread doesnt have people replying in speaking about there own opinions on both its just loads of "how to get this to work" replies not "i think this was better because i found that"

i dont mean any offence by that btw just wanted views from people from there own experiences

Kal works MUCH better than iaktos version for me as iaktos version when installed it doesnt restart properly into the set up... just restarts the laptop constantly...

kal's version works perfect... EXCEPT one REALLY annoying problem... Cant boot into the OS unless the dvd is in the drive... and i cant seem to solve this problem...

its a shame because kals version is the most stable and working version of any osx86 i have came across...all the drivers worked properly and everything :D .... i even tried the dvd disc to install to make leo bootable and it just didnt help...

so imo kals is probably what most users should go for (but most of you already know this)

Make sure you installed the bootloader properly. Without the bootloader you can't boot the disk by itself, therefore you had to rely on the DVD to boot.

Try boot it without DVD and manually select the MAC disk to boot from bios. That way you can see what kind of error message the bios is giving you.