15" WUXGA... Over kill?

4 posts in this topic

So its that time of the year when i ditch my old laptop and get a new one. My experience with lenovo and the X60 Tablet ( although it took a while to ship) has been amazing. Only company I would actually recommend the extended warranty from. Anyways, due to the fact that tablet has .... mediocre at best graphics, I'm incline to go a little less portable. The 2 Big Contenders I've been looking at are the Dell XP 1530 and Lenovo T61p. Both are in the same realm in terms of specs. The bigg differance comes when you look at the screen options. Lenovo offers a WUXGA screen.... thats right 24" Res in 15". Sounds like insanity, and it probably is, but hey, thats what makes it fun. So, Im wondering if anyone here has used a 15" WUXGA from any company and could comment on what they liked and disliked about it. Any Comments on the two machines im looking at are also well appreciated.

For those that think I'm insane, you're right. 1080p on a 15" Laptop sounds amazing. When I'm done with it, i can swap the screen for a WSXGA+ and use the 1080p screen for a home made projector or something :P .

My dad has one of those screens. He's running it with a large DPI in Windows Vista (which, I should mention, scales displays much better than XP did). He's a programmer, so it's really cool how he can fit SO much information on the screen, but I couldn't imagine using it for day-to-day email and internet. I would have a headache after 20 minutes, I don't see how he does it.

Yah, I'm wondering if my eyes would die with leopard + one of these screens. I think i would need to use accessibillity and make the dock magnification the max it can go. Lots of things will probably get maxed. Then again it would still be damn cool, so i ordered one. Gets here in Feb :)