Your keyboard cannot be identified and will not be usable until it is identified.

lolec

14 posts in this topic

Your keyboard cannot be identified and will not be usable until it is identified. To identify this keyboard click OK.

Thats all i get after installation. ive tried all answers found on google and this forum for that problem and nothing worked.

Hope someone can help me. tx alot

do this, atlest worked for me, boot it from install dvd, open up terminal. put ApplePS2Controller.kext (might have to download from online) into /system/library/extensions n repair permission. that should solve the issue about keyboard.

Suppose you have two hd . OSX (hd where u install leopard), and Storage , n you have ApplePS2Controller.kext into Storage HD

boot into dvd install

open up terminal

Type this then:

cd '/Volumes/Storage'

ls - make sure ApplePS2Controller.kext is there

cp -R ApplePS2Controller.kext '/Volumes/OSX/System/Library/Extensions'

diskutil repairPermissions ./

restart

• 3 months later...

I'm also having this keyboard recognition loop problem.

I'm working with Leo4allv2 and a Dell USB keyboard.

I tried the spacebar to 'click' the ok's, but still in the loop.

I'm assuming (by looking at the name of the file) that modifying ApplePS2Controller.kext would be a fix if this was caused by a PS2 keyboard. But since mine's a usb...

Any ideas are most welcome!

Is USB 2.0 support enabled in your BIOS?

Thnaks for the suggestion. Had a look into the bios; I don't have a USB 2.0 option specifically, only an option to enable/disable USB.

(Fyi, I'm working on a Dell Inspiron 531).

From the leo4all forum, someone's suggested to:

"Reinstall Leo4all OSX do not install any drivers. Once installation is completed disable Fireware and Network stuff in the bios and boot with the -x switch that should sort it."

I've quickly (i.e. w/o reinstalling) tried disabling the network in the bios (no firewire for me), but that didn't do it. I'll try reinstalling leo4all and then making the bios changes to see if that does it.

Any other ideas & suggestions are most welcome.

same here keep loading keyboard configuration :) help please

Solution can be found here:

http://osx86leo4all.wikidot.com/known-issues#toc5

I've tried this and it works!

1. Disable your network card in your BIOS.

2. Boot using -s flag

3. Type in these commands at the prompt

/sbin/fsck -fy

/sbin/mount -uw /

/sbin/mount -uw /

passwd root ##it will ask you to enter a new password

touch /var/db/.AppleSetupDone

exit

Pretty funny how many times multiple solutions for this have been posted and just as many ask almost on a daily basis. its on the wiki, multiple times on this forum, on osx86 forums, as well as other hackntosh blogs forums etc.. ..... If you couldn't find it searching, then your not searching hard enough. or your search technique needs some attn...

at any rate, in my lil attempt to have all roads lead to Rome,

here it is again.... ;)

the next screen after the keyboard setup screen is the network setup screen.

if the previous method does not work for you, which it should....

you can also, after you install from dvd. boot from your HD. hit F8 till you get to the darwin prompt and enter the following boot flags exactly as you see it below...

-x -v "Graphics Mode"="640x480x32"

setup assistant is bypassed at this resolution... when it boots into the desktop, goto system preferences, accounts and set your admin password, reboot

enjoy

Your keyboard cannot be identified and will not be usable until it is identified. To identify this keyboard click OK.

Thats all i get after installation. ive tried all answers found on google and this forum for that problem and nothing worked.

Hope someone can help me. tx alot