KALYWAY 10.5.1 DVD and sse2

netster403

13 posts in this topic

Ok, I have a system with the following specs:

Pentimum 4 2.4Ghz with HT

1Gb DDR3200

80Gb IDE

All intel mobo chipsets

I cannot get past the initial boot of the install cd. The system loads and reboots with the attached message (i had to video tape it so i could advance the screen frame by frame to catch it on another computer.) The screen shot is about 100ms from a reboot.

The screen shot was taken booting with -x -v , but the default boot options present the same issue. I have seen many many people note this issue. Here is the error message no one can see :wacko:

post-126468-1198893724_thumb.png

1. Set DVD drive as Master and HDD as slave

2. Disable your nic card in the bios

3. make sure power management in bios is at defual, you can also try turning it off or disabling it.

If you have a P4 then you need to use the SSE2 Kernal, the vanilla kernal is for Duel Core processors I believe

Hm, my installition got stuck at about 95%.. what could be the reason??

at the point "custom install" i did not select SSE2_System, because i have a SSE3 CPU.. may that be the reason?

here is my computer spec do i not have the right spec for installing kaly leo....

abit as8-V MOBO; ATA segate 80gigs; pentium 4 3.00Ghz;

i tired many different installation type with both iatkos and always had error for efi...then i tried many different package type for kaly leo and seem to alway get the comp restarted after boot to hdd. the great thing about kaly was it activate the boot so i could boot into hdd.

i did install uphuck tiger and that runs great.

any help please.

Ok, I have a system with the following specs:

Pentimum 4 2.4Ghz with HT

1Gb DDR3200

80Gb IDE

All intel mobo chipsets

I cannot get past the initial boot of the install cd. The system loads and reboots with the attached message (i had to video tape it so i could advance the screen frame by frame to catch it on another computer.) The screen shot is about 100ms from a reboot.

The screen shot was taken booting with -x -v , but the default boot options present the same issue. I have seen many many people note this issue. Here is the error message no one can see :D

1. Set DVD drive as Master and HDD as slave

2. Disable your nic card in the bios

3. make sure power management in bios is at defual, you can also try turning it off or disabling it.

Did this solution work? Im also having the same error. Cant get to installation screen because the computer reboots itself after it loads all the kexts when i look at it in verbose mode. It cant get to the part where the text becomes different. I think thats the kernel. So it can't load the kernel i think. Tried my dvd on VMware and it works so that rules out that the prob is with the dvd. Anyone found out what's wrong?

Pentium 4, SSE2, ASUS P4800-X mobo, ATI 9700 Pro.

our computer restarts AFTER the picture in the first post.

and it restarts before it load the screen in this picture (from vmware):

post-146788-1199030773_thumb.jpg

hi,

I'm trying to install the kalyway dvd on my dell 8600 (which has a SSE2 proc.) and am running into the exact same issues described above. Although no login screen flashes before rebooting.

Much looking forward for a fix.

cheers,

-jelle

• 4 weeks later...

It seems that even tho its labeled to work with sse2, you will need sse3 for it to work.

Unless theres some option @ F8 that enables you to run it without sse3.

Kalyway won't even boot on my T42 but i've had the same reboot when loading to setup on the AMD only (32-bits) dvd with the ToH 9.1.0 kernel.

• 4 weeks later...
It seems that even tho its labeled to work with sse2, you will need sse3 for it to work.

Unless theres some option @ F8 that enables you to run it without sse3.

Kalyway won't even boot on my T42 but i've had the same reboot when loading to setup on the AMD only (32-bits) dvd with the ToH 9.1.0 kernel.

I think you are right about it needing sse3, I really wish there is an option to choose sse2, during the f8 options.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
while trying to install kalyway 10.5.1 dvd to a test vmware machine using tips from Donw35 I don't get the harddisk UUID error but instead I get this (see attachment)

Hi!

I have the same problem as you Amusei!

Did you solve it?

Thanks!

Rick