ALC888 5.1 channel on P35-DS3L

wigworm

14 posts in this topic

• 3 weeks later...

I'm looking for the same fix. Can't seem to get 5.1 working. However, another problem that arose when I patched AppleHDA.kext with alc888 was that I lost access to my NTFS windows drive in osx. Wasnt able to read it afterwards. Was able to read it out of box after installing Kalyway 10.5.1 Any ideas?

Yeah I used Applehdapatcher1.20 and used ALC888.txt with it. Maybe I should have used an earlier version of the patcher? The windows drive is separate from the drive osx is on and after the patcher the drive still mounts I just can't read anything on the drive anymore.

wigworm, i have this same motherboard and a 5.1 speaker system. I have gotten the digital to work and give output on all speaker channels.. the only thing is i dont want it on all speaker channels, like music there is no option in sound to have only 2.1 or whatever. I also tried the RCA Analog for 5.1 but only seemed like the stereo worked. In the sound control panel i only have headphones, line and digital out. I assume if you wanted 5.1 it would need to say line out 1, line out 2 and 3. i dont know how to fix this. btw i used the "HDA_ICH9_ALC888" kext packs and then patched the alc888 codec with hda patcher 1.20. Tell me if u hear any knews about the 5.1 in leopard. I suppose to me it doesnt matter that much because i have a Creative x-fi extreme gamer.. if i wanted to do serious 5.1 listening, i will just go to xp or vista.

wigworm, i have this same motherboard and a 5.1 speaker system. I have gotten the digital to work and give output on all speaker channels.. the only thing is i dont want it on all speaker channels, like music there is no option in sound to have only 2.1 or whatever. I also tried the RCA Analog for 5.1 but only seemed like the stereo worked. In the sound control panel i only have headphones, line and digital out. I assume if you wanted 5.1 it would need to say line out 1, line out 2 and 3. i dont know how to fix this. btw i used the "HDA_ICH9_ALC888" kext packs and then patched the alc888 codec with hda patcher 1.20. Tell me if u hear any knews about the 5.1 in leopard. I suppose to me it doesnt matter that much because i have a Creative x-fi extreme gamer.. if i wanted to do serious 5.1 listening, i will just go to xp or vista.

I believe the codec dump doesn't map the channel properly, that's why we only have 1 line out instead of 3 line out. I didn't want to spend the time to study the codec dump to solve this problem. You are right, if I want real 5.1, I can always boot into window or vista. The only time I ever need 5.1 is when I play games. There's no point of 5.1 in listening music.

Regarding the network issue, my only advice for you is to get a cheap pci lan. I'm using D-Link DFE-538TX. Works out of box, no need to install any driver. It is lightning fast. It cost me less than 15 bucks.

Wigworm.. even if there was a solution for 5.1 on this board.. i would feel bad everytime i use it because im using the lower quality mobo sound instead of my Creative X-Fi... which of course isnt compatible in mac.. as far as i know anyway. Another thing is.. it isnt 2.1 audio were getting in mac. It is just 2. I have a 300 dollar subwoofer and im not getting any bass(of course as it is not plugged into any line in). I need BASS for listening to anything.. even the High Chirp of the leopard sounds.

• 1 month later...