10.4.11 to 10.5 upgrade?

domidom

5 posts in this topic

Hello,

I wonder if anybody could help with this.

I have recently purchased a new iMac with leopard installed and have the Installation DVD's that came with it.

I also have a Core Duo mac mini with Tiger 10.4.11 installed on it, my query is, is it possible to upgrade from Tiger to Leopard using the leopard install disks i have.

I tried using the leopard install disk in the mac mini, but got the error 'This software cannot be installed on this system'.

Am i missing something out, or do i need a special patch?

Thanks,

Dom

I think the installation DVD's that come with Apple Products are locked down to the Hardware they come in, So iMac DVD's only work on iMac etc.

That is what I heard.

I think the installation DVD's that come with Apple Products are locked down to the Hardware they come in, So iMac DVD's only work on iMac etc.That is what I heard.
I confirm. Apple installation DVD shipped with a machine is tied to the hardware they come in.
Hello, I wonder if anybody could help with this.I have recently purchased a new iMac with leopard installed and have the Installation DVD's that came with it. I also have a Core Duo mac mini with Tiger 10.4.11 installed on it, my query is, is it possible to upgrade from Tiger to Leopard using the leopard install disks i have.I tried using the leopard install disk in the mac mini, but got the error 'This software cannot be installed on this system'.Am i missing something out, or do i need a special patch?Thanks,Dom
To install leopard on your mini you need the leopard DVD retail version...........