USB Recognition Problems Inside Of Leopard

THiRD

7 posts in this topic

iATKOS was recently installed and I now have a couple problems but the most important one I'd REALLY like to fix is not being to able to use my USB ports. in system preferences it shows that the usb ports are there and shows the correct number but everytime i plug in anything to the usb it boots for a millisecond and stops recognizing it. I have no clue why it's doing this but if ANYONE can PLEEEEASE help me out I'd vote for you for President in 08.

Could it be that the usb devices are damaged are they reconized in any other OS? How many devices have you tried?

The USB devices work in Windows on another computer and have worked for a long time. I've tried an iPod, a Flash drive, and a USB Mouse and none work.

Unfortunately I don't have that option in my BIOS. I noticed that right when I go into the Leopard Install the USB Ports stop working (if i have them in before Darwin boots they stay on but Leopard still does not recognize them). Man, this really sucks.However, Thanks for helpin me out.

don't give up man!

i heard of some people had weird issues with usb - it would work perfectly when restarted from windows into mac, but wouldn't work if you boot directly to mac (weird!?!),

or try flashing your bios with newer version,

or try the driver from THIS thread

good luck