Hackintosh Extreme

Vampyric

9 posts in this topic

I'm doing research on my own, but would also like to hear others thoughts on known fully working hardware.

I currently Have my HP Dv6226us laptop running Leopard with EFI working fine. Hell only drawbacks that aren't working for me is of course the SD Card reader, which would be nice if it was working sence I have a 2 gig card in it, Audio out, & the internal mic dosn't work.

I do own a G4, mini mac, and have my eye on getting a Mac Book Pro soon as the next set comes out. My main reason for even building a hackintosh desktop is more or less for 2 things, 1 for playing World of Warcraft on, and 2 hobby reasons. I'm not big on playing games on my laptops, and I just can't see buying a Mac tower to more or less play world of warcraft on and dabble hear and there. Also, what can I say, just the coding and making something work that wasn't really ever intended to work or run on hardware its not design for really is just interesting to me. Ok, enough about my sobby little chatter, What I'm looking for, is a Motherboard with as close to all the hardware on it working.. I'm also not sure which Video cards are fully working. My hp uses GMA 950, though of course I would rather go nVidia over ATI if the nVidia card is fully working. If not ATI will do, please post a link of some sort to specific hardware if you comment. I've seen few comments on a badaxe & Badaxe 2 mobo, but as to posting this I havn't seen a real newegg link selling that motherboard. As I stated I'm doing my research after posting this.. Just interested on what others know of that is fully working and what not.

thank you

Ah well, after trying a bunch of different things, a bunch of different downloads, a bunch of different patches I'm starting to get annoyed... well, not really annoyed, but kind of despaired. From what I've read on the install guide for the Kalyway, this will work for computers that are SSE2 computers, and whatnot, with 512MB of RAM. Good job.

Now, the problem is I have a P4 3.0ghz processor, ASUS P4P800E Deluxe Motherboard... and I have gotten Leopard to work with complete functionality, such as sound, video card, ect ect.

My problem is the vanilla kernel. When I boot f8 and type "Vanilla" computer reboots. When I installed the Vanilla kernel while loading up the OS, installs ok, then computer restarts after installation is complete. If I don't install Vanilla, it works...

I want my Vanilla!! Mainly because I'd rather not install every single time an update comes out. Now, for the $5,000,000 question::

Will the Vanilla kernel work on NON Core processors? (for example... my mighty Pentinum 4?) I have seen the answer that it will not work, posted by Dune31... who has so nicely posted some good information) But, I just want verification, if anyone can supply the answer (I'd love to update my computer without spending money for new RAM, a new processor, and other goodies like a pci-e video card that the new mobo would support)

Anywho, thanks.

I want my Vanilla!! Mainly because I'd rather not install every single time an update comes out. Now, for the $5,000,000 question::

Will the Vanilla kernel work on NON Core processors? (for example... my mighty Pentinum 4?) I have seen the answer that it will not work, posted by Dune31... who has so nicely posted some good information) But, I just want verification, if anyone can supply the answer (I'd love to update my computer without spending money for new RAM, a new processor, and other goodies like a pci-e video card that the new mobo would support)

Anywho, thanks.

Nope

If you want to build a 100% compatible system(with GUID/EFI/Stock kernel):

Mobo: BadAxe2 or some sort of P35 chipset

CPU: Intel Core Duo or higher(Core 2 recommended)

RAM: 1GB bare minimum

GPU: Nvidia Geforce 6600 or higher(8800GT works now), or Radeon x1000 series or higher

HDDs: try for SATA, it's usually easier to enable in OSX

DVD drive: SATA as well imo

The BA2 or P35 chipsets(Gigabyte DS3X series, etc.) are probably the best osx86 mobos right now.

If you want to build a 100% compatible system(with GUID/EFI/Stock kernel):

Mobo: BadAxe2 or some sort of P35 chipset

CPU: Intel Core Duo or higher(Core 2 recommended)

RAM: 1GB bare minimum

GPU: Nvidia Geforce 6600 or higher(8800GT works now), or Radeon x1000 series or higher

HDDs: try for SATA, it's usually easier to enable in OSX

DVD drive: SATA as well imo

The BA2 or P35 chipsets(Gigabyte DS3X series, etc.) are probably the best osx86 mobos right now.

Don't count out the 945GC chipsets. Many work with 4 gigs of ram and the only downside is no quad core. The one Gigabyte board getting ALOT of play lately!

My setup is 100% Compatible with Kalyway's Leopard 10.5.1 - Only thing that isn't working is Sleep/Wake, but it's hardly a problem considering it's fairly low budget by today's standards. Check my signature for details. As for drivers for some of the stuff, both drives needed (NVInject for Desktop and HDA ACL883) come in Kaly's DVD, so you won't need to download anything at all.

I'm running Vanilla Kernel, GUID, EFI_v8, etc. Rock solid system, I love it.