Purchase Help

17 posts in this topic

Hey Guys,

I would like to know what you think about:

1) AppleCare for my MacBook. My macbook mainly resides on my desk, with a little mobility around the house. My iPod AppleCare just expired and never had a problem with my iPod.

2) LG Voyager. I'd be shelling out $300 bucks and I'd like to know what people's opinions are. I am also looking at the motorazr maxx Ve so I would like people's opinions on that too. Also, if you know any tricks to get the price of a phone down, please include that. :)

3) I got a Speck SeeThru for my macbook and I had asked for an invisible shield. Should I return it and buy the invisible shield, or return it and buy neither? Again, my macbook sits on my desk.

Thanks for your help guys! (and gals!)

1) I would always recommend the Apple Care. Always good to be on the safe side.

2) LG Voyager personally for me is a very bulky phone. The Maxx is a wonderful phone. Very moddable and hackable. Though I prefer my V3xx which costs only a 130$

AppleCare isn't really a waste of money, although if after you've bought AppleCare and you never use it till it expires, I guess its kinda feels like a waste but its always good to be on the safe side. MacBook is relatively expensive so AppleCare is a recommended option. That's all I have to contribute, I know nothing about invisible shields and phones (except for the iPhone of course :()

;)

pcwiz

I'm returning the speck. Went to the Apple Store today, they couldn't take it because I didn't have a receipt. Oh well, have to get that from my grandparents. I do want a laptop cooler. Does anyone have suggestions? I am looking for one that cools, not really for comfot to use when you are lying in bed, I already have a huge pillow for that.

Yeah. I'm gonna order that sometime this week. What about opinions on the LG Voyager? Motorola motorazr maxx Ve? (Verizon Wireless)

Edit: I had a busy week. Bought the LG Venus. Cost me $60 so I'm happy. One of my boxes arrived today wit the laptop cooler that power_mac reccomended. Its nice, a bit small, brought down my temps. Can't wait till my memory gets here!