Wont boot without leopard dvd

bobbo1234567890

15 posts in this topic

I have successfully installed leapord, but the only problem is that the installation dvd needs to be in the dvd drive during bootup or else a blinking cursor stays on the screen. Somebody plz help. many thanks

if you have dual boot system, install your Leo after another OS.

run the PATCHER (u can find here, in the forum).

thats all..

its happened with me before.

i was in the same Boat with iATKOS 1.0ir2 Install..I could fix this with the ToH Install DVD running the /usr/miscscript.sh from the DVD started. Boot from the ToH DVD til u can reach Terminal Applikation.

1- Type: /usr/misc/script.sh VOLUMENAME(nameof yourHD)

2- close Terminal and open Diskutil

3- Deaktivate your Leo Install Partition

4- go back to terminal and Run command 1 again

5- reboot take ToH DVD out

i think works only with MBR Disks

Hi folks, I had this problem also. So first off keep in mind that Leopard is a Linux system. Knowing that and having installed Linux many times I know that Linux will create a small partition on the hard drive for the boot loader stuff. It will also make a large partition for the system to use.

I avoid all the multi boot system excitement by using hard drive caddies. Each system that I want to run goes on a separate (maybe old) hard drive.

To get Leopard to boot from the hard drive you will need to go to the Disk Utility during install. Use the Options" button and select the GUID choice. This will create the necessary partitions on the drive. The MBR stuff does not provide for a boot loader. After that continue the install.

Guess that means the hard disk has NOT kept anything that was on it before. Oh Well!!!!

Cheers.

CROWDIRT! THANK YOU IF THIS WORKS. MY HDD WAS ON MRB and NOW I JUST CHANGED IT TO GUILD AND REINSTALLIN IT AGAIN. HOPE THIS WILL WORK!!!!!!!!!! THANSK CROWDIRTDIRT I HAVE ANOTHER QUESTION. IM ABLE TO BOOT TO THE APPLE INSTALL WITH MY LAPTOP AND INSTALL SUCESSFULLY, BUT I CANT DO IT WITH MY DELL XPS 710. EVERYTIME IT GETS TO THE GRAY APPLE SCREEN, IT FREEZES AND TELLS ME TO PUSH THE POWER BUTTON TO TURN OFF OR PRESS RESTART KEY. YOU KNOW WHAT IS CAUSING THIS??

i changed to guid like DIRT said and at the end of the install it says "fail to install, install again"

Let me guess, you are using the Kalyway DVD?

If you don't select any EFI bootloader in the customize section it should install, of course you will manually have to fix the EFI related stuff now. (There are several threads about EFI and GUID on this.)

• 1 month later...