Is there any more suggestion?

raid

4 posts in this topic

Hi, I am seriously considering the purchase of EASEUS data recovery wizard or Partition Table Doctor and have some questions, I will give you the background of my problem - I was loading Password Pros (password recovery software) and during the loading process (when it was in the middle of loading) the computer was accidently rebooted by me. Now every time I turn on my computer it repeatedly reboots itself and never gets past this point. Just before the computer is ready to shut itself down and reboot itself again, it gives the message "Bad image check sum olecnv32.dll c0000221".

Hi, I am seriously considering the purchase of EASEUS data recovery wizard or Partition Table Doctor and have some questions, I will give you the background of my problem - I was loading Password Pros (password recovery software) and during the loading process (when it was in the middle of loading) the computer was accidently rebooted by me. Now every time I turn on my computer it repeatedly reboots itself and never gets past this point. Just before the computer is ready to shut itself down and reboot itself again, it gives the message "Bad image check sum olecnv32.dll c0000221".

Don't buy anything, if your OS is screwed your data is still ok.

If you have a spare HDD, install it in your PC, make it your master, make your current master the slave, install windows on new master

When windows in installed you will be able to see your slave HDD and salvage your files.

Other suggestions, try one at a time.

1) Start in safe mode and remove the application, reboot

2) Press f8 during bootup and select "last know good menu"

3) If you can't remove it from add remove programs, edit the registry and remove all instances of the application, reboot.

If all of the above fail, buy a mac.

olecnv32.dll is a critical Windows system file without which Windows won't start. Normally Windows would replace this from a shadow copy if it's damaged. The fact that it hasn't suggests that there is more serious file corruption on your system.

First, I'd try a boot into Safe Mode and see if you can get into Windows. If not, try a command-line startup and try copying one of the many copies of this file into C:\Windows\System32 ... you will find a copy in C:\Windows\System32\dllcache; if that doesn't work try looking in the various C:\Windows\$NtUninstallKBxxxxxx directories where xxxx is a string of numbers. The current copy should be 37,888 in size although it's been updated in a few recent service fixes so you could have different size versions. Any of them should work to get you up and running if that's the only problem.

If planting a known-good copy of olecnv32.dll into C:\Windows\System32 doesn't work, you have serious file system corruption. A third-party recovery tool probably won't work, a Windows Recovery Install would be the next best thing like STLVNUB suggests. Your data should survive this. Or installing Windows on another drive and using this one as a data drive to recover files would also work. Good luck.