Leopard on hp dv6000 laptop

the_biggeneral

4 posts in this topic

Hi to all

i installed leopard ( KALYWAY 10.5.1 DVD release ) on my laptop ( hp dv312ea ) successfully , but i have two main problems . The first , that the leopard recognized my system as a MAC PRO not a laptop ( macbook or macbook pro ) , so i don't have the ability use the battery options . Second , the Ethernet driver ( Intel ) is not included with the installation DVD and i don't know where i can get it . I hope that you help me .

Thank you All

Congrats on your install, the fact that your laptop was identified as a Mac Pro is nothing to be alarmed about. That is the case with everyones system, I believe its the AppleSMBIOS.kext that gets installed. Secondly the PowerManagment.bundle does not appear to work correctly with EFI and the stock Apple kernel. I hope and check and search everyday but so far I have not found anyone that has made any significant progress on getting this to work correctly on Leo in a vanilla setup.

Battery icon aka power management is still an issue for many laptop users like myself.

There is not power management bundle for leopard vanilla kernal yet. However if you have iatkos there is an option to get a battrey icon and cpu throttling but you can not have it on an pc_efi install.

I would get iatkos and install that and pick the intel speedstep pack thats included. Unfortuately its incompatible with vanilla kernal so i believe that means no updates.