Toast 8 doesn't work with iAtkos...

Geeze

13 posts in this topic

Toast 8 launches fine for me on iATKOS.

What video card/setup do you have?

Also, I have noob question here...How/where can I tell if I have QE/CI working? I have heard that some of the video demands/animation of toast 8 can keep it from loading.

Installs fine, but when I hit the icon it just bounces once/twice then nothing. I have GMA 950 and someone suggested it is a video issue.

Does this work with Kalyway?

You probably don't have a QE/CI Supported Graphics Card or not properly installed Video Drivers.

Getting QE/CI Supported will fix your issue.

Have a look at it in your System Profiler -> Graphic Card.

This is how it looks with QE/CI activated:

bild1.png

I have a GMA950 with QE/CI support - or I believe so since the system profiler crashes when I click "More Info". I am saying that because I can see all the effects that I used to see with my Mini and that had GMA950 and had QE/CI.

Admittedly I used ToH to install and not iATKOS but the GMA950 worked perfectly right out of the box with the ToH kexts. And yes Toast works fine here too.

Yeah, thats the issue...no CI/QE. Currently I have iAtkos installed. I will fish around here and try to fiqure this out. Going back and forth about iAtkos and Kalyway. I also am looking into installing using my own retail DVD. We shall see.

Hey, as an afterthought, could I use pacifist to intall the GMA 950 drivers from the Kalyway DVD?

Thanks for the help.

Update: I used pacifist to add 4 gma950 bundles/kexts from retail leopard 10.5.1 DVD. Did the permissions bit for the files and then the drive, rebooted, and all is well. I can change res, CI/QE up and going, and of course Toast 8 works. So very silly that Toast needs that, but oh well. You get what you pay for.

• 1 month later...

Interestingly enough, Toast 8 --> 8.3 will not launch for me either. However, I do have QE/CI enabled . Currently running a clean install with Zeph's 10.5.1 for AMD. Anyone have any thoughts on this?