No HDD?

Syo

11 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have a problem with the Instal of 10.4.3. It starts with the instal, but then I have to select my HDD-drive. I want to keep my old hdd for my Windows. The other one is a 20 gig Maxtor with the number MX4K020H1j, but he doesn't recognize that one. Does anyone knows if it is the 20 gig Maxtor hdd or did I somethinge else wrong?

Thanx

Syo,

When your in the installer go to the top and click tools>disk utility

If your Maxtor drive does not show up then maybe there is a problem with it

If it does format it and the installer should show it

The Maxtor drive must set as master and active boot drive

I Tryed it with the 20 gig maxtor but it realy wont work. It just wont recognize it. So I think I am gonna buy a newer one for mac :blink:

If the 20GB disk is not broken (try with another OS), it should work like every other ATA disk, buying a new one will not fix the problem. Try first what the other guys are telling you and take a look to the forum/wiki how to prepare a disk for an OSX86 installation.

I had the same problem:

I got a 120GB and an 80GB hard disk. both are on primary channel (120 => master, 80 => slave). the 120 is full of windows and on the 80 i made 6gb free for osX. so i got 2 partitions on the 80.

the installer showed up no disk to install on. So i opened Utilities => disk utility and erased (formatted) the 6gb partition on the 80 with "Mac OS Extended (journaled)".

The installer now sees the partition and i can install osX 10.4.3

Greetz and thx!

G-Man

Edited by gman.php

I switched the 20 gig Maxtor to Primary but it won't work. I also tried to boot my normal windows with the 20 gig maxtor and it also didn't work. So I still think that I am gonna wait for a good hdd :(