Installing with an original Leopard DVD ?

Linoleum

7 posts in this topic

Hello.

Here is my problem :

I've got an original DVD of Leopard image (.dmg),

I would like to know if I can use it directly , or with a patch, to install Leopard on my PC.

or do I have no other choice then using a "patched" dvd like ToH ?

Thank you

You can use original unpatched DVD if you have Tiger or Leopard already running (on another computer or another disk/partition of your computer). I personally connected an empty disk to my iMac, installed Leopard on it, made required changes, then connected the disk back to my Hackin0sh (see my sig).

Hello.

Here is my problem :

I've got an original DVD of Leopard image (.dmg),

I would like to know if I can use it directly , or with a patch, to install Leopard on my PC.

or do I have no other choice then using a "patched" dvd like ToH ?

Thank you

. . these forums have a useful search function [to the top LH of each page]: with or without this, you will find two similar threads on the same page as yours.

Believe me if you want to or not, but I Restore imaged my leo dvd to my external enclosure hard drive, after i had already put GUID/EFI on it, and I nearly had the image booting. It crashes/hangs as soon as it reaches the space wallpaper/beachball and stops.

Hi, tried this with an usb drive and had the same problem! (GUID/EFI V_8) Any fix for this? thanks shila

Believe me if you want to or not, but I Restore imaged my leo dvd to my external enclosure hard drive, after i had already put GUID/EFI on it, and I nearly had the image booting. It crashes/hangs as soon as it reaches the space wallpaper/beachball and stops.